Duramax Duramileage EZTuner

blodgee

Oct 10, 2010
I did a search and nothing came up on this tuner.
Anyone tried it and wants to make some comments?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Its really not a level of box tuner that the general membership here uses.

If you do a search here, there is an old old thread about it. It didnt do what the maker claimed it did.

blodgee

Oct 10, 2010
That's because EFI live is the only source of tunes you should use on a Dmax

There claim is 4-7 mpg improvement with a small hp increase. They say they have a 120 day no questions asked return policy and more than 6000 duramax's with there software? At this point I am through with big hp gains and want the mileage side of things.

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
There claim is 4-7 mpg improvement with a small hp increase. They say they have a 120 day no questions asked return policy and more than 6000 duramax's with there software? At this point I am through with big hp gains and want the mileage side of things.

A small efi live tune will get you 2-3mpg. You will never see 4-7 mpg results with any tuning device.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I can claim to give you a cardboard box with an obd plug that will give you 20 mpg gain...dont believe everything.

Won't get better (or safer) than efi

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
4-7mpg eh...

Then I guess I can claim to fart rainbows that lead to a huge pot of gold.

If you want mileage and not power, I hear the prius gets excellent mileage. And that IS the truth.

toddz69hugger

Jul 8, 2015
Arizona
Duramilage Tuner

I just purchased this Tuner for Fathers day. I have not installed it yet because I am going to gut my DEF and Cat's first. I am planning on getting that done this week. It sounds like a good upgrade without getting into race tuners. I'm looking for millage and some better performance for towing. Hoping to couple the tuner with a Bluetooth ODB2 reader and Torque app for monitoring. I'll let you know when I get it loaded and running how it works.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I just purchased this Tuner for Fathers day. I have not installed it yet because I am going to gut my DEF and Cat's first. I am planning on getting that done this week. It sounds like a good upgrade without getting into race tuners. I'm looking for millage and some better performance for towing. Hoping to couple the tuner with a Bluetooth ODB2 reader and Torque app for monitoring. I'll let you know when I get it loaded and running how it works.

It doesn't work I'll save you the trouble

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
You'll have more trouble. It's a dpf you've got. You can't turn them off with this. But you'll figure that out soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

toddz69hugger

Jul 8, 2015
Arizona
I called and talked to the people there before I purchased it and I should be able to turn off the DPF and EGR. Not returning it yet until I give it a try.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
Calculate your actual fuel usage before and after to see actual results. Anyone running tuning that says they are actually getting what the DIC says is full of crap. Stock mine was close but never accurate. It's even more far fetched now.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I've read about this guy for a LONG TIME! Been around for quite a while but the tune doesn't deliver nearly what the seller claims it will...probably why the product has been around since 2008 and NO ONE HERE EVER DISCUSSES IT

TECHNICALLY, the duramilage tune is Very similar to a "stock trans" safe EFI tune, heck, the guy could be using EFI to tune... I remember the Duramilage tuning has a 65, 80 and a 100hp tune...?

YOU WILL NOT SEE A 4-7MPG INCREASE with this tuner or ANY tuner, using the same driving characteristics...ANYONE claiming to gain 4-7mpg with a tune is breathing their own exhaust

You WILL see about 1-3mpg increase with just about ANY decent tune, finding a decent tune is your job...some are better than most, most are not that great..

Honestly, I don't think it'd be all that bad, but personally, I wouldn't use a tune on my truck that wasn't crafted by one of the vendors here...

.02¢

toddz69hugger

Jul 8, 2015
Arizona
Ok got the DPF and cat cleaned out and uploaded the Duramillage tuner.
Set it up for 80hp and were off and running.
It took 2 try's to get it loaded but they explained it in the instructions.
So far I am very happy with the results. It defiantly woke up my truck.
I will be checking the millage which appears to be better and will see how it does with the tow mode. I drive it every day to work which is at least 80 miles a day.
I'll post the millage after I get through this first tank.:woott:

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Expect a decrease in mileage, anytime anyone does something to add power they enjoy it for a while and drive heavy footed. Once the new wears off you might see a half a mpg increase.

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
Your DIC will likely show an increase in mpg, but if you hand calculate you'll see you actually are getting a little less mpg. Tuners almost always make the DIC optimistic :)