Louisiana
9de18affe6fadc9f5a3305ac70119f63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dk2429

May 30, 2017
Texas
9de18affe6fadc9f5a3305ac70119f63.jpg

Man I guess I'm going to be the odd man out here.. I'm going to keep the truck stock as it is. I guess I'm also the odd man out once again saying I love how these trucks sound with just stock exhaust! lol.

Thanks for the kind words though! She's great!! I took it to a buddy of mine that owns a diesel shop to have him run tests on it and what not, because I was also thinking, $9500 for an '06 with that low of miles has to be too good to be true. Sure enough, ran the tests, said the truck is running like the day it came off the lot in 2006. I guess I just found the truck at the right place at the right time..

dk2429

May 30, 2017
Texas
Also, I already have a question for you folks from something I noticed today.. I crawled underneath the truck just to see what kind of oil filter is already on it. Doing that, I noticed a small red filter on the Allison. How often do I need to change this filter?

By the way, went ahead and got the Rotella T4 and Acdelco oil filter/fuel filter. I know I was overthinking that way too much.....

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Change the Alli filter when you do your oil change. Try to use only genuine Alli filters. Fill with fresh fluid before install. Make sure to clean and reuse the magnet on the top of the filter.

dk2429

May 30, 2017
Texas
Change the Alli filter when you do your oil change. Try to use only genuine Alli filters. Fill with fresh fluid before install. Make sure to clean and reuse the magnet on the top of the filter.

That's complete news to me.. didn't know the filter was that easy to change.

Reason I say that; when I helped a friend of mine change the tranny fluid in his 7.3 Powerstroke, we had to drop the entire pan.. From what I see on the Allison, you change the fluid/filter the same way you change the engine oil?? If that's the case I'll be a happy man....

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
No, thats just for the external filter. There is also an internal filter, but you usually dont have to touch that one.
Fluid changes still require draining the pan. Twice. (or use what's called the "Hoot method" -- search that term, the procedure is around the Net somewhere.)

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Man I guess I'm going to be the odd man out here.. I'm going to keep the truck stock as it is. I guess I'm also the odd man out once again saying I love how these trucks sound with just stock exhaust! lol.

^^^ that's what I said to when I first got mine , but they just sounds so mean with a 4 inch Turbo back pipe lol but I'm one of those gearheads. Full exhaust, air intake, blocker plate,efi live soon i'm watching my mpgs go up up and up
But I promise that will be absolutely it...

dk2429

May 30, 2017
Texas

^^^ that's what I said to when I first got mine , but they just sounds so mean with a 4 inch Turbo back pipe lol but I'm one of those gearheads. Full exhaust, air intake, blocker plate,efi live soon i'm watching my mpgs go up up and up
But I promise that will be absolutely it...

What's the typical MPG on these trucks stock like this one is? Well, the only thing on it "non stock" is an SG cold air intake

dk2429

May 30, 2017
Texas
Thanks! I don't know where I read about 20mpg.. I guess that's going 55mph on flat ground with the AC off...

I'm also happy I got the 6 speed Allison.. I like how it stays around 1500rpm doing 70-75mph. In my avalanche doing that fast, it usually stayed around 2k rpm, and that's always bothered me for some reason. Even my friends 7.3 crusies at 2k+ with his 5 speed. I know it doesn't hurt anything but for some reason that has always bothered me lol.