Dual CP3 problems

Michigan_LMM

Nov 10, 2016
Mid Michigan
I just installed a WC fab dual cp3 kit and keep blowing the inline fuse of the harness. Have checked all wires, connections and power/ground. Anyone got any ideas or experienced this before? Or should I look at getting a new harness?

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
Was it onto a new cp3? Or a known running one?.. I've toasted several boxes with a pump that had a bad regulator.

Michigan_LMM

Nov 10, 2016
Mid Michigan
Bumping this back up to the top with a new problem. Put a new harness on after finding out it was shorting out due to corrosion. Now it is not blowing the fuse but when everything is plugged in and both CP3s have power it will not start. If I unplug the harness it will start at max rail pressure. Any ideas? My next step is a regulator on the second pump but trying not to just throw parts at it.

Dmax_Ben

Dec 7, 2016
Bumping this back up to the top with a new problem. Put a new harness on after finding out it was shorting out due to corrosion. Now it is not blowing the fuse but when everything is plugged in and both CP3s have power it will not start. If I unplug the harness it will start at max rail pressure. Any ideas? My next step is a regulator on the second pump but trying not to just throw parts at it.

Where is your ground for the controller?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk