Question: DTT Trans Rebuild kits

Dmaxbro!

Nice DMax bro!!
Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
Honestly I don't. I was just researching Allison tranny kits and fell upon dtt. My buddy Nick ( Duramaxdiesel ) just laughed when I mentioned the name. He told me he had a dtt tranny way back in the day. He didn't want to talk about it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
The DTT guy is a moron. Think he was a plumber and then became a diesel expert.. Guess if you cant fix a pipe; move on to diesels repair.:roflmao:
I'm looking forward to David coming in here to defend himself. Let's talk about your expertise dude.

SilveradoTwins02

Hopefully twins soon
Aug 5, 2014
Hanover PA
The DTT guy is a moron. Think he was a plumber and then became a diesel expert.. Guess if you cant fix a pipe; move on to diesels repair.:roflmao:
I'm looking forward to David coming in here to defend himself. Let's talk about your expertise dude.

:roflmao::roflmao:

Dmaxbro!

Nice DMax bro!!
Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
... Sorry just trying to find some info... Didn't wanna cause s?!t up in here.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
OP, the kit used to build your trans is not as important as the person doing the build. There's things to be done within the build that kits don't provide, very experienced and knowledgable builders are the ones that know the little trucks. Have a guy throw a clutch kit in the trans and it will hold 550rwhp no problem. Let a well know Allison builder use the same kit, and it will hold 850rwhp. The transmission is the last thing you want to try to save a buck on.

Dmaxbro!

Nice DMax bro!!
Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
So you're telling me that if I buy this kit and send it to Mike, I'll be ok?

Just kidding lol I get what you're saying. Thanks

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Wasn't DTT the company that destroyed GotJuice?'s trans years ago?

No Tom; you are thinking of another idiot in Canada. Bill Kondolay. Dave at DTT was still a wannabe plumber at that time , or maybe in high school.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
No Tom; you are thinking of another idiot in Canada. Bill Kondolay. Dave at DTT was still a wannabe plumber at that time , or maybe in high school.

Bill Kondolay was with the DTT crew at one point.

The problem up here is that with the oil patch there are a LOT of trucks and "experts" are popping up every where.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Bill Kondolay was with the DTT crew at one point.

The problem up here is that with the oil patch there are a LOT of trucks and "experts" are popping up every where.

That was the name I remember from when Jon's trans broke. I also remember MikeL told him that what DTT was trying to do wouldn't work....and he was right.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
Mike L Mike L Mike L

For peace of mind, just get him to crate you one up to the border and get a trans shop to swap it in on the other side of the border to avoid any taxes/duties :)

Dmaxbro!

Nice DMax bro!!
Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
Mike L Mike L Mike L

For peace of mind, just get him to crate you one up to the border and get a trans shop to swap it in on the other side of the border to avoid any taxes/duties :)

Was thinking about that .

Time to sell off some other toys

Well I guess I'll have to pm Mike before Christmas time comes