DSP5 switch....

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I want one to go right next to my air bag shutoff by the radio. Anyone know if Trippin's switch will work there or if I can get just any old 5 position switch from Radio Shack to go there?

Just wondering whats available for the DSP5 in this spot.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Got it today. Hoep to find out tonight or tomorrow night how it goes. :D

With the switch installed do I HAVE to run a DSP5 tune or can I still just use my regular tunes also?

C-ya

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I put mine where my cig. lighter was on the console, a little work, but looks factory clean as far as install. This was Trippins switch.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Thanks guys!

I'll let you all know how it goes and try to get some proceedure pics up for others to be able to go by for their own isntalls.

C-ya

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Well, got the switch installed but didn't get the wiring hooked up yet. Its in the blank spot next to my pass. air bag shutoff switch. It fits and looks great there, I think. I tried to put it over by the headlight controls in a blank I had below the cargo light switch but it wouldn't fit without extensive modding so over by the HVAC it went. :D

I didn't get the wiring done because my firewall is a virgin and I ran out of time to get a hole knocked in it to fish the wiring through so it'll have to be tomorrow (actually later today ;) ) when that happens along with a gauge install and tie rod sleeves. :D

I tried to take pics of the install proceedure and mods to get it to fit there but the camera was out of batteries and I didn't have any around. :( I'll at least try to get one of the final install posted up. I used instructions on Trippin's site for installing the DSP2 to do the install. Its pretty straight forward.

Has anyone come up with a sticker to put behind these things to better indicate which tune its in? I've enquired Guy, we'll see what he says. I know he mentioned he was working on that at one point.

C-ya

Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Troubles today. :( How do you get the back off the plug going to th ECM where you actually put the wires? I got everything else taken apart except that. Had to just put it all back together again as I couldn't find directions that showed that detail, just showed it on one time, then off in the next picture (Trippin's site).

Little help please. :angel:

WSUcowboy

500 club baby!!
Aug 7, 2006
Spokane, WA
I actually pried mine off, once I got a couple of the little tabs out the rest of them came off pretty easily. It is hard to break them!!!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Can I get a confirmation on "just pry it off" before I do something stupid. :D

Thanks for the help. Hopefully knock it on out tomorrow, my firewall is no longer a virgin though. :angel:

Flashscan

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
There is little tabs that you can press in to release the cover (brute force does actually work too).

Cheers,
Ross

Edit, did the LLY plug photo then realised you were LB7! For the LB7, sqeeze near the tabs and pull up, sometimes cable ties also restrict movement.

Attachments

• DSC05082.jpg
    DSC05082.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 38

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Thanks. Can someone verify if the screw that holds the plug into the ECM comes completely out of the plug itself once its unplugged from the ECM? It did not on mine, perhaps that is the issue?

Thanks

LTChip

Aug 30, 2006
I think I want to install mine under the trap door compartment where you can stick a garage door opener. That location is unused as my opener wont fit in there. Thought it would be good to have the switch hidden if I were to use a valet or anti-theft tune on it.

jboss

DIESEL JUNKIE
Mar 26, 2007
SoCal
Here are a couple pics of were i put mine. I like this place because i don't have to hack up the rest of my truck , just the pillar trim.

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

Thanks. Can someone verify if the screw that holds the plug into the ECM comes completely out of the plug itself once its unplugged from the ECM? It did not on mine, perhaps that is the issue?

on your ecm, the connector will come off, then remove thr gray top. the screw stays in. then flip over and remove the blue cover. the locking tabs will be under there. The thing that got me on the lb7 install is the yellow rubber plug. i used a small drill bit and turned it with my fingers to get it out of the pins holes. good luck

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
No, its just funny how it looks like you are driving yt the gauges show nothing. Just struck me as funny, thanks for posting the pic., thats a good spot.

BTW, I got it all wired up tonight and started on install of gauges and never got a chance to DL a DSP5 tune. Tomorrow though. :D Speaking of the gauges, I had them all done up except sticking the cables through the firewall and wouldn't you know the damn hole wasn't near big enough and I don't have a big bigger bit. It was closing in on dark so I just wrapped it up for the evening. Finish it up tomorrow. For those that have never seen one, the SPA gauge with blue LED backlight is F'n bright!!