Dsp5 Switch Mount

05_DirtyMax

05_DirtyMax
Apr 16, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Im looking for anyone who can help with relocating my Dsp5 switch. Its currently in the 3rd hole in my triple pillar pod but i want to go stealthy and mount it where my cigarette lighter is. Has anyone done this and can help me out? Thanks in advance

07metallicgreen

Nov 24, 2011
Smicksburg, PA
yeah I did mine. i took the 12v out of my console and i had to glue a flat piece of plastic to the back of the hole with the correct size for the switch to clamp onto. its been awhile but i think i just kept tearing apart the lighter part until it just pushed onto my switch. nothing really hard just have to take your time til it fits on

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Yes I did this as well, I took the lighter out and just getted the cage, then I drilled three holes in the cage in a Y I guess you could say if speaking two dimensionally, looking at it, you know, upper left upper right and lower center iirc, maybe i only used two holes, pretty sure it was three, then I put set screws in the holes through the lighter cage and set them into the DSP switch, I first wrapped the switch with electrical tape to protect it from whatever and help to keep the set the screws in place. Before i mounted the switch I took the bezel of the lighter and marked it for the tune positions and drilled through the bezel and used those holes to mount the whole thing with more set screws, i drilled each one through the console as well so the screws hold the bezel to the console, and also the screws indicate the tune position, and I used one set screw to hold the bottom tight to the console as well...a little overdone, sure, but I like how it turned out. Here is a couple pics...also note, I have a key lock dsp5 switch, which is the main reason why I used all the set screws...:thumb:

picture.php

picture.php

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I gutted my fog light switch and put it where it was right below my cargo light button. neither work now but it looks cool and my fogs are all on anyway. keeps the switch away from my stupid friends messin with it.

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
i saw on ebay one time where somebody was selling a bracket that mounted it in the ash tray (for the flip up center guys) if u have that set up u could look into that for added stelth

hrlyguy2

Dec 2, 2011
IL
If you want to try to hide it.Put in the little cubby hole under the stereo.Where I had mine.easy to reach and hidden.It was on n the topside too.

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
lighter

Here is mine. It took some time and patience cutting the lighter apart and glueing it together but it was worth it

Attachments

• Forsale 001.jpg
    Forsale 001.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 108