Drove a 6.7 Ford raced a Dmax

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
Been raining last two days, So wasn't much to do. I had heard that the dealer had just got a new 6.7 Ford in so decided to go to town and try it out.

The look of the truck is sharp I actually don't mind them, it was white with tan trim and machined wheels, looked pretty cool. The interior was really impressive it was a Lariat package IIRC with all leather and tan interior. The inside of these trucks are really sweet very roomy and very cool :thumb:

So I told my salesman to get the keys we're gonna take it for a spin. I came in with my uncle a dad and another buddy, we were driving my uncles 07 LBZ with exhaust and 60hp EFI tow tune that Rob made for it. I hopped in the drivers seat of the Ford and the salesman with me. We took them both out on a 4 lane highway the first run we did rolling run at about 40mph and the second run from a dead stop.
Well I wasn't real surprised the LBZ made the new Ford it's B*tch, seriously it wasn't even a close race either time, he pulled away and just kept pulling.
I figured the weight out and the LBZ had roughly 1,000 more pounds in it. 3 really big fellas a full tank of fuel and a full 50 gallon aux. tank of fuel.

Does it go good for stock, yes, but its not eye opening or anything. Oh and so much for the 25-30mpg :rofl: it was averaging 11 with a 198 miles on it.

Last edited:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
lol. The first 100 miles are the hardest. Thats how dealers break the motors in.... take potential customers out on a test drive.... :D

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
Yea but your foot was in it the whole time. And you didn't have a tail wind. Or coasting downhill. :rofl:

Yeah but that what it had for a average before I ever got on it

Nice goin mike! Roddin on someones new truck! :rofl:

Ha ha you know it buddy:thumb: how you been bout got your truck ready for the fun day?

lol. The first 100 miles are the hardest. Thats how dealers break the motors in.... take potential customers out on a test drive.... :D

You know what they say break em in slow there gonna be slow ;) pretty cool salesman huh

sddmax

<---- Gone Forever...
Feb 9, 2010
Garretson, South Dakota
Haha i'd do the same exact thing. As far as my truck bein ready..... well its no where close and the last time i drove it a couple of us got a little roudy and found out how easy it is to burn off the last bit of tread when spinnin round and round in 5th lol :D Who'd a thunk it? haha :angel:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
You know what they say break em in slow there gonna be slow ;) pretty cool salesman huh

lol. I'll say... most of them see me coming. Letting you line it up to the 6.6 was a bold move on his part :D What'd he have to say about the ford getting its ass handed to it??

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
Haha i'd do the same exact thing. As far as my truck bein ready..... well its no where close and the last time i drove it a couple of us got a little roudy and found out how easy it is to burn off the last bit of tread when spinnin round and round in 5th lol :D Who'd a thunk it? haha :angel:
Ha ha you got to take me with you next time you do that :thumb: You get the A5k put on it yet?
That ford in sioux falls? My uncle is pretty good friends with a salesman there. Maybe i'll go check one out :D :rofl:
No Madison... Prostrollo's
lol. I'll say... most of them see me coming. Letting you line it up to the 6.6 was a bold move on his part :D What'd he have to say about the ford getting its ass handed to it??

Funny you ask as we were pulling up to the Dmax he says I think you'll take him pretty easy, my response was, I think you'll be surprised :rofl:....He was:D

sddmax

<---- Gone Forever...
Feb 9, 2010
Garretson, South Dakota
Well i went and checked out 6.7 today and the interior i like but i hate the grill... maybe its just me. Never got to drive it tho... maybe next time. But the a5k is goin on today :thumb:

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
Heh Being a ford diesel tech I can tell for sure youd be 100% dissatisfied to EVER buy a ford diesel. HA #1 best selling truck in america yea cause they are cheaper and whores that give anyone loans. I cant go to lunch in my work shirt for fear of getting ****ing mobbed by angry ford owners:eek:

Triple L

Lots of learning
Dec 4, 2009
Kitchener, ON
My buddy, a total ford guy took one for a drive last week, he was like man that thing is FAST! I laughed at him and just sent him this link now :rofl: