Drop Shackles

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
so did you just have to jack up the rear end causing the pack to push against the underside of the bed and the top shackle bolt came out? I leaned on mine pretty hard and it still hit the rivet? weird

Yes. I didn't have to go any further than just having it sit against the bed. My spring clamps on the front of the springs were on when i did it and still are. Don't know if that helped or not. Mine didn't hit the rivet.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
How does it ride?

It actually rides better. Not stiff like it was when the t-bars was up. I have bilstiens up front so that really helps alot. Rear still feels the same as before. On my past dmaxes, when i lowered the t-bars down it rode like a boat going down the interstate when you hit a dip in the road. Those trucks all had stock shocks up front though.

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
got to love new billsteins up front, with a stock height truck on the low side they ride like a dream. little to stiff out back tho... :roflmao:

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
Really nice look. :thumb: I'm having my fenders modified hopefully when it goes in the body shop. Was actually looking to do the same thing. Don't know how lucky I will be with 285/65/18 on rim with +18. We shall see.

dirty-b

KCCO!
Jun 5, 2010
Central MN
Yep. 2 inch drop shackles. Back end still sits up about an inch higher than the front. My driveway makes it look more level than it is but since I still tow with it I didnt want it level. Everything fits nice with my 285/60/18's.

Have you towwed with it yet?How much weight/what do you tow with it? I want to do the same thing but, still have to pull my fifthwheel, and boat all summer. Jamie

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
so did you just have to jack up the rear end causing the pack to push against the underside of the bed and the top shackle bolt came out? I leaned on mine pretty hard and it still hit the rivet? weird
It's cuz you have a LLY :D

I didnt have any issues installing my 5.5" drop shackles.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Shut up Brian lol

441d661c-8ac6-cf82.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Easiest way I found was to remove the last 2 bed bolts so you can raise it abit. Otherwise the bolt heads hit the rivet. Gotta pull my ds leaf tomorrow since the bolt is stuck in the bushing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2