Driver door open switch?

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
Im sorry if I'm not on the right section for this. But is said electronics. 1st when I open my door it doesn't always shut my radio off and then my dome on after my ignition in off position. I was hoping someone knew where the switch was for this and a fix to this problem as it only happens sometimes.

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
2nd would be I go into manual mode and it stays in 6th and my +/- selector won't change it unless I pull towards me on the gear selector handle or whatever you wanna call it and pull down. Untill I feel the stop to drop it down to first. Is there something I need to adjust to make it work right again? I have found many posts on pulling down to manual and it being in 6th but never almost going to the 1st gear position and it working. Thanks!

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
I have a faulty door ajar switch I believe after reading. Where is the door ajar switch? It works likes 40% of the time.as much as I hate the door chime it would be nice if my coworkers wouldn't constantly inform me my radio is still playing :p

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
X2. Some silicone lube and it'll be back to normal. Had it happen on 2 different trucks. They get dirt or dried grease in them and get sticky

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
Also should I post my gear selector problems on a new post? I feel I shouldn't have jumbled my posts up Lol. My puppy just shit on my floor any insight on that problem

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Yes....work the door latch as you do it. Might need to do it a couple times.....let it work in. As far as the shifter I'm not sure. Dogs shitting on the floor??? I punted mine out the door when he did that....hasn't done it since:D

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
I have tried punting mine out so mantly times its not even funny! God damn golden retrievers r stubborn! :happy2: I would really like to know on the shifter. Though. Last time I got new tires I got to burn the olds off with a sweet vid. This time I got to get my truck stumbling on wut I thought would be another awesome video.:mad:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Sounds like the wires in your shifter are broken. You can try repairing the wires or replacing the shifter.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
No, into the column to a plug. There are two wires and they tend to bend and break causing intermittent function (depending on positioning of the lever), and then they will not work at all after enough time.

Search "tap shifter wire" and you should find what you are looking for. 40 minutes and a soldering iron fixed mine.

Where do the wires go? All the way to the trans?