drive pressure gauge

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Here is my setup. The 2 gauge pod was like $15 and I just had to shap the bottom a little to get it to sit flush on the compound curve of the dash. Keeps my eyes on the road.
P1030122.jpg

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
othrgrl where did you get the matching gauge cluster background in the dash? that looks good, i imagine it wasnt very cheap? and what brand gauges are those?

mainer

Nov 11, 2008
not sure on where he got the pod but those are dipricol gauges .... nice gauges but not cheap

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
The dash is just the lay-over stickers that were cheap on EBay. The gauges are all DiPricols. The pod on the dash is a cheap one on EBay and I just shaped it to fit flush on the dash before painting it to match.

smith6.6

Aug 14, 2006
waukesha Wi
I used copper and looped it to disipate the heat then it went to plastic line directly to a boost guage, it plugged the guage after a little over a years use. look for a in line charcoal filter thay work well. You can find the filters where you get hvac parts

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
I made my own 100psi Boost and DP gauges from some nice white face/panel mount Ashcroft industrial gauges i bought from Grainger.com
There not lit so i got me some nice bright Blue LED's, sprayed reflective paint inside the cases and backlit them! made my own mount for them in my overhead cubby. Works like a champ, looks good, cheap! Gauges were like $20 a piece is if i kill one, there cheap, i might redo the DP one with a fluid filled or seal and fill this one to dampen flutter. At moderate throttle, the DP gauge does flutter alot. The Needle valve is a great idea for a damper though! I have all copper line and a cool coil under the hood. Im gonna put plastic line on the inside with rubber hose over it to dampen exhaust pulse noise, the copper line acts like a stethascope:rofl:

Pics in my profile/album on 2nd page ;)

Last edited:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
How exactly did you do the led? I wanted to change my leds in dp gauges to blue.

Well, if you have gauges that take a standard automotive bulb its easy. Theres some plug in LED bulbs out there. The nice blue ones i have in my overhead map lights are blue ones from Autometer! I used to have them in some Autometer CF's i sold. There kinda pricy though. Superbrightleds.com is a good place for plug-n-play bulbs or individual parts. I would have ordered from them had i known of them at the time:eek:

My gauges now, as said, theres no lighting with them, so i did my own. I took my gauges apart (there pretty simple) and determined the optimum placment for the LED. I drilled a hole that the LED would fit snuggly in. I then scuffed the inside of the gauge cup and sprayed it with a hi-reflective coating. I used a "chrome spraypaint" called Spaz Stix. Its a hobbyist paint for R/C cars and such, got mine from Hobbytown USA. Its the best sprayable chrome like finish ive seen. Then placed the LED through it, a dab of epoxy on the back and reassembled it:D These piticular LEDs came from radio shack, witch i had to wire in a resistor in one of the LED's legs, dosnt matter which one and wireed that to my 12V switched light source:D

Hope thats what your after:eek: Lemme know if i missed anything :beer: