Drain line off of 475?

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Nope, leave it in place. Going to put grease on the bits and tap. Go real slow and have a shop vac running to reduce to possiblity of shavings being left in the engine.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Think that is really worth the risk of engine damage? I taped the oil pan. People say to overfill it and "should" be good. That isn't good enough for me, looking at potentialy thousands in engine damage. It took 30 min to get the lower oil pan off and then you have a clean shot straight through. Clean up everything when your done and not have to worry about that one little piece of aluminum floating around your high dollar engine. Take it however you want, but it is not worth it

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
thought you were running a single?

Going to run the twins for a little bit. While getting the 472 rebuilt, then run that. I know I have read until my eyes bleed on comparing a big single to twins. Just want to do my own comparison between the two setups with the way my truck is setup and how I drive.

Last edited:

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Think that is really worth the risk of engine damage? I taped the oil pan. People say to overfill it and "should" be good. That isn't good enough for me, looking at potentialy thousands in engine damage. It took 30 min to get the lower oil pan off and then you have a clean shot straight through. Clean up everything when your done and not have to worry about that one little piece of aluminum floating around your high dollar engine. Take it however you want, but it is not worth it

I figured if I messed up drilling either spot. The pan I would have to pull the motor. With the v/c, could have it off in half an hour. I thought about dropping the lower pan to do exactly what you did, but have been feeling kind of lazy. And wanted to use the v/c. I have read and asked people who have gone in the v/c and haven't had any problems. But just my luck there will be a piece of aluminum that will get into the engine and f@ck sh!t up. Damn! I think I will just pull the lower pan to be safe. Thanks for the input Harbin.:thumb:

Thanks for the advice... picked up a 37/64 drill bit and 3/8 npt 18 tap from grainger.

Last edited: