dpf delete 08 lmm, where do I start?

chrisop91

Mar 3, 2016
This is my first diesel, has 140000 miles, last year left me on side of the road with a clogged filter had to go to get manual regen. I'm not very tech savvy, but I want to delete that junk. Let's assume I know nothing about tuners or diesels, I need to learn what to get and how to get In touch with the right people. Any helpful input would be greatly appreciated!

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
The cheapest option is to find someone local that can tune it for you. All you need is a full exhaust system and a delete tune. If you want more power that is also easily done at that point.

If you want to buy a v2 or an autocal you can purchase tuning from anyone you want. But that will cost more money. And you will have to do it yourself.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

chrisop91

Mar 3, 2016
I've been seeing a lot of guys say that efilive is the way to go and to do a 5" turbo back exhaust. I see on ebay you can buy the whole kit with efilive tuner. Is it as simple as replacing the exhaust and plugging in the tuner? ...yeah, I'm that clueless

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
You don't need 5" exhaust. Unless you simply want the noise 4" is plenty.

Just to clarify, EFI live is just a tool. Efi live with a good tune from a good tuner is the way to go....

Are you wanting more power? Or do you just want rid of the headaches from the emissions equipment?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

chrisop91

Mar 3, 2016
I don't really need more power, but I figure if I'm gonna put all this money, I outta get something out of it. Better fuel mileage would be nice. So, just to make sure I'm tracking... efi live is not a company, more like an eBay for tunes that are delivered directly to the truck? The efilive I saw on line I thought came with 5 tunes, then you buy more?

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Alexandria Bay

Not sure of anyone that far north to Recommend, I was going to say if you were close to Albany I could probably help you out. Anyways from the sounds of it, a Auto Cal from one of the vendors here would suffice and is pretty much as simple as it gets (Plug & Play)..

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Also, how do you find the vendors here? Everyone talks about using them, but I'm lost. Lol

Top left of screen, cick on home, scroll down to "Candy store" Thats the list of vendors on this site.

A auto cal is custom programing for your truck in a small hand held box that connects VIA OB2 port to your truck, essentially it is EFI without buying your own personal V2

chrisop91

Mar 3, 2016
Candy store...got it. So the autocal has preset tunes and you select what you want vs buying tunes for efi?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Candy store...got it. So the autocal has preset tunes and you select what you want vs buying tunes for efi?

A v2 or autocal there from the same company that makes the tuning tool that's known as Efi live. The v2 you can buy with 5 tunes that you pick and a dsp switch. The autocal is the same you buy it comes with 5 tunes you pick and a dsp switch. Only difference for you in the end is if you ever want to try building your own tunes or buy tunes from other shops.
The autocal is linked to the tuners v2 unit so only tunes from that shop will work while linked. The v2 you can run the tunes that comes with it or buy from another shop to try or even build your own tunes.

We offer the v2 and the autocal with free tune updates when you need them some shops charge for changes.
V2
http://creaturesofthenightperforman...ocal-DSP5-Switch-and-5-tunes-Emailed-P2037523.

Autocal
http://creaturesofthenightperforman...h-Socal-DSP5-Switch-and-5-Tunes-P3050509.aspx

chrisop91

Mar 3, 2016
"The autocal is linked to the tuners V2 unit so only tunes from that shop will work while linked. The V2 you can run the tunes that come with it or buy from another shop"

This is where ya lost me, is the V2 another tuner or another piece you need to run a tuner? I kinda remember a guys truck I saw, he had a unit on his dashboard and just scrolled to the tune he wanted. One for towing, highway, performance, roll coal