Dorman body mounts dont fit...

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I use Fluid Film religiously here in OH, LPS #3 is a more "permanent" option that has a waxy type coating. I looked at the PB Blaster product, pretty pricey. Never got into the MSDS to see what the base material was
It last a lot longer IMO. Google it there is a guy that did a video and likes it better then Fluid Film.

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
repairgeek on YT has great videos on fluid film and pb blaster. I've found the pb blaster to be more self leveling than FF

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
It last a lot longer IMO. Google it there is a guy that did a video and likes it better then Fluid Film.
Pulled up the SDS on the PB Surface Shield, contains distillates and lanolin, not too dissimilar from Fluid Film / WoolWax / PFC. Which will all wash away under heavy salt spray exposure. That LPS#3 is probably the only product I've ran across that will apply easily and soak into metal, but when cured leaves a very durable waxy coating. It's mostly petroleum based with xylene I think

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I remember reading a while back about people successfully dissolving paraffin wax in gasoline and spraying it on the undercarriage and frame. The gas evaporates leaving the wax behind. The gas also facilities the wax penetration into the cracks and pores. Supposedly works well against salt and it easy to apply. Dirt cheap too. Draw back is the small until the gasoline is gone

Reactions: Dozerboy

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I remember reading a while back about people successfully dissolving paraffin wax in gasoline and spraying it on the undercarriage and frame. The gas evaporates leaving the wax behind. The gas also facilities the wax penetration into the cracks and pores. Supposedly works well against salt and it easy to apply. Dirt cheap too. Draw back is the small until the gasoline is gone

Can't be any worse than the sheep smell in my shop after spraying FF haha

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Hydrotreated neutral oil and Stoddard solvent. Sounds like something I could brew at home. SDS says "may release Cox, Nox, H2s and irritating vapors when heated to the point of decomposition". Lol
Looks to me to be nothing more then say motor oil mixed with mineral oil or naphtha

Mikey52

Sep 20, 2018
It's the best stuff I've used both on the airplane, and the farm. Just don't put it anywhere you want to paint later.