Dog thread

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Glad you gave that little girl a second chance at life Simon.

Take joy and comfort that you gave Gibson the best life you could,Some dogs have a very hard life such as the little 1 you brought back,some of the things she has enduered are terrible.

ya for sure! Putting your dog down is tough! Hardest thing ive done. But ive had lots of people tell me is you have to think with your head, Not your heart.

You dont want to say that last goodbye, But your dog is trying to be strong and not show the pain. in the end, im glad he was put to rest.He is out swimming and pulling logs out of the river, eating steak dinners every night lol. Sure gonna miss him!!

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Here is Jack & Yukon retrieving some duck decoys off our pond, Jacks the blk American lab and Yukon is the yellow English Lab....

labs.jpg

labs2.jpg

they sure do love the water eh? lol

great pics!

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
We live on the corner of a private road and county road,people drop dogs off few times a year out this way. We caught a guy 2 years ago pulling out while the dog was chasing the truck,and the guy had his young son with him,what a way to raise the kid. We tried to chase him but he was a mile ahead before I got the truck started,called the cops,they didn't care. Both my dogs were drop offs,they were skinny,now there fat,o well they live a good life,eat left overs plus dog food,run back in the woods and chase stuff,etc. After my ole rott died 4 years ago I never could go get another one,hell I had his dad to for a long time. These ole muts are good as gold,and very alert of people near the property. People that dump dogs suck,also if anyone lives in the dfw area a guy runs a pretty cool adoption center east of me 15 miles,its 30 acres with a ton of drop off dogs,I will get the web site.
The best pets I've had walked up to my house and asked for a home. People that dump animals out are idiots, its a comitment you have to live with. If you decide you no longer want a pet find him a new home or as bad as it sounds at least put them to sleep. Nothing more sad than to see a starving animal.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Starving to death is terrible,man I don't like cats but I feed strays in the yard if they show up,sometimes I throw deer corn out back and watch the deer eat,I used to hunt,nmothing against hunting at all but I will not kill it unless I am eating it.

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
Lila 8 weeks mostly lab with some pit and boxer.
Got her Friday....poop,play,eat,sleep,repeat....LOL

picture.php

mudbuster

Dec 22, 2012
here's my buddy Jake rot/lab mix. I just so happened to be at my friends the night his mom went into labor and was there while they were all born. He is now over 5 years old and 130lbs last time he was at the vet, and great with kids even though I don't have any, my niece's can ride him like a horse and he doesn't care. He helped change my dad's mind about rots he once said he'd never let the kids around if I got a rot but now he know's it in the way they are raised.

him, mom, littermates
CIMG1299.jpg

shortly after I brought him home
DSC00049.jpg

less than a year old
DSC00011.jpg

here he is wheelin with me
002.jpg

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
That drives me insane how people can be so cruel to helpless animals. Simon you'll be repaid ten times over for doing such a great thing!
Couldn't have said it better.My daughter saved a mini pincher,named Mini.Boy what a bundle of energy and personality.;)
I'll try to get a pic of her.If she'll stay still long enough.

mr wang

Mar 13, 2011
Oakley our english mastiff at 12 weeks and 43 lbs already. Her dad is 255 lbs and her mom is 200 lbs so I think she's gonna be a big girl.

Attachments

• IMG_20130119_193002_982.jpg
    IMG_20130119_193002_982.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20130119_193259_335.jpg
    IMG_20130119_193259_335.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 30

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Pictures of Fred. She is 4.5 months old now. Basset Hound

Named her after Fred in Smokey and The Bandit. I have a 73 KW like snowman too lol.

She's a terrorist right now, but still fun. The white thing in her mouth in the 2nd picture is paper. She loves shredding paper. Everything gets hung up in here jowls. Can't wait till summer time when i can feed her outside. Now the kibble gets stuck in her jowls and she drops it all over the house. Its not as painful as legos, but still hurts to step on sometimes.

20130210_140459_zps03fa8018.jpg

20130202_152822_zps97cb1f3c.jpg

Duraskank

Flippin Rides
Nov 30, 2011
My golden retriever/chow mix Cotton that I lost a few months ago. Had him for damn near 11 years I believe. Got him in college at the humane society when he was 6 months. Miss him every day.

Cotton3.jpg

Cotton2.jpg

SteveLBZ06

Jan 6, 2013
Central MA
Love the Bassett and smokey and the bandit. I want a Bassett so bad but the girlfriend thinks they are loud and stubborn. Might be true but i still want one.