Dmax mechanic near Sacramento

mattv

LINETRASH
Dec 21, 2013
Phx
Hey gents...anybody have a good repute able duramax mechanic/tranny guy they can refer me to in the Sacramento area? Thanks.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Go to Mike L. In So Cal... Best there is. As for repair work there really isn't anyone. Harvey from J&H diesel sold so I wouldn't trust anyone there. If there's anytime I can help you with I'm 90 minutes away from Sac

mattv

LINETRASH
Dec 21, 2013
Phx
Yeah, I know Mikes the shit, but I don't need a stage 5 build nor do I wanna jam all the way to LA for it...where are u located? And thanks!

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
There was a small shop in Elk Grove/Laguna area, I used years ago. I can't remember the name of it but they installed my transgo kit. Maybe ask Mike at dmax store. I know he was a tech at Folsom Chevy.

mattv

LINETRASH
Dec 21, 2013
Phx
Hey Mack...looked for Mike, but what shop does he WK for in the store? I couldn't find him.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Make the trip to MikeL. You will never be sorry or have doubts that you made the correct decision. When I drove from Idaho, I was blown away by the depth Mike's crew goes through to make it the best tranny possible. Even my truck with only 5k miles, they totally disassembled every piece and cleaned and inspected it.

If looking for mechanic work, Russ at RPM motorsports is in the Sac area. Another option is Ponci's. Very good person with a ton of knowledge gained from years in the business.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
^^ x2 what Rob said about Mike and his crew.

Rob I think Russ is located in Central Cali not in Sac.

Pm'd you Matt since Mike's not a vendor on here and not pimping his company on here.