Dirty Pictures:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Holy crap!!!
That'S gotta be robbing hp
when you delete the egr your left with those holes, so you need up pipes, the tube that goes from the IC to the bridge (does it need to be replaced?) when you remove the egr completly is there other things that have to be adressed???

when you delete EGR you are left with those 2 holes. Also the up-pipe needs to be replaced or blocked too.

The piece with the 2 holes (bridge?) needs to be supported too as the EGR valve supports it when in place. Also the EGR coolant lines need to bespliced together.

Last edited:

mmangels22

Monty Python Rules.
Feb 12, 2009
San Jose, CA
I was told that it was not a good idea to do an EGR delete/block I mean can you truck still go 300-400k without an EGR delete? Yea I agree that is nasty but if it doesn't hinder daily driver performance why do an EGR delete?

Micheal Tomac

been pulling forever
Aug 12, 2008
MI
That's why I rerouted the pcv and blocked the egr on my LBZ before it had 15 miles on it. I actually bought the blocker plate and PCV reroute stuff before I bought the truck.

Last edited:

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
tore mine apart today....and it looked just like that...117K...cant believe ihavent blocKed that crap.
that crap in there can get real messy...before i knew it iwas tracked all over the inside of my house

MRCapps

Feb 3, 2010
Edwards AFB, Ca
Newbee Question

Sorry for the probably dumb question but does it do any good to clean that out when you block it? Or is blocking it good enough? :confused:

willis_bud2

messcan wrangler
Apr 20, 2009
Del Rio, TX
I gotta question. If I have the egr "turned off" w/ efi do I still need to block it? Do the gasses still flow through creating all the build up? I know my truck is prolly caked up a bit because i didn't turn the egr off until about 55,000 miles.:eek: I should prolly just buy the blocker plate as an extra precaution!!

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Killerbee says his tuning will cause the egr valve never to open, but we all know thats not true :rolleyes:

the valve can still be pushed open over 20-25 psi of boost, block it.

tech141

USAF Retired
Feb 24, 2010
Belleville, IL
Has anyone here tried running some Seafoam through the system to clean up the shiza?

I just bought a 2006 LBZ with 64K on the odo, bone stock. I can just imagine what the passageways look like.....:eek: