Dirtdrags tonight HIGH Or low?

adrenaholc1

Apr 5, 2011
Butler Co. OHIO
Running some dirt drags tonight at local fair (Brookeville IN). It's 300' loose dirt bracket style racing. Should I run in 4HI or 4lo? I couldn't round up any loaner meats:( so im runnin 3/16 tread depth highway tires:thumb:. this gonna b fun:rofl:. Goal
1-Don't redlight
2-Don't breakout
3-Run consistant:spit:

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
Run 4 high and see how much boost you can hold back and leave the line as hard as you can spinning the shit out of your tires cause they usually catch up at 150-200 feet where it starts counting. Drop your pressure (I run 25 in front and 40 in rear) lower your front end and have a blast. I love dirt drags

adrenaholc1

Apr 5, 2011
Butler Co. OHIO
sweet thanks guys, fixin to leave in a few minutes. got the front down, tried to strap it but broke one them in the driveway testing so tossed the idea for now and i cant hold the brakes in 4lo 1st so hi it is. Dont have time to fiddle with 2nd gear start tunes now. Post results later

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
definitely 4 high , most the trucks are running in the mid to high 50 mph range. the end of this month I will be playing with the idea of running full pressure up front and lowering the rear to see if that will make the front end pull more

adrenaholc1

Apr 5, 2011
Butler Co. OHIO
you also need to make sure that you remove all mud flaps to allow roost to go at least ten feet in the air:thumb:

THese tires aren't throwing any dirt :baby:

definitely 4 high , most the trucks are running in the mid to high 50 mph range. the end of this month I will be playing with the idea of running full pressure up front and lowering the rear to see if that will make the front end pull more

Don't know how that will work out for ya:). most trucks that compete use the rear as much as possible. tracks can be rough so keeping the front lo helps cv angles. i see a lot of trucks with 2-3 inches of front travel limited by bump stops and chains. these are straight axle of course.

Well after 4hrs of trying to get the timing system working (tower side) we finally got to run our qualifying run. no pre stage lights on the tree:confused:. my dial in was rt=.639 et=5.936 mph=57.3. three hours later 1st heat i broke out lika sob rt=.645 et=5.651 mph=62. So after the qualifying run i switched from the 150hp to 100hp tune thinking it would help keep me from breaking out. So much for that. the truck pulled a lot harder on the 2nd pass. I didn't log any but i'm willing to bet that the ghost in my fuel system struck again (intermittent rail pressure:mad:) I wish they would go back to heads up class racing like it was 10 yrs ago. I was king of stock 6cyl for a few years with my little 93 s-10:angel:. I'm pretty sure i could have beat all the cummins trucks there last night :thumb:.

ku 808

Sep 6, 2010
Here thats all we have air down 15psi front and 10 back 4hi she will hook real good hold on she mite kick sideways when torque convetor locks thats the real fun