Digital Torque Wrench - Member Special

blmw

Apr 13, 2012
wrench.jpg

As a new vendor on this forum, we are offering an introductory special: our Digital Torque Wrench w/ Blow Molded Case for $99 - including shipping. Just go to our website: Brown Line Metalworks, LLC | Professional Grade Digital Torque Wrench and click on the "Buy Now" button. At checkout, enter the coupon code: duramax

You can see the torque wrench in action in the following video:

[YOUTUBE]cEJsE2vlxxE[/YOUTUBE]

Product Specifications

Patented Double Gear Sensing System
Designed, engineered, and tested by Brown Line Metal Works, the patented* D.G.S.S. technology ensures repeatable accuracy of +/- 3.5% both clockwise & counter-clockwise
Accurate from 20 – 100% of full scale (7% accuracy from 10 – 20% of full scale)

Microprocessor Controlled
8-bit electronics ensures accurate readings and simplicity of use
Allows for both Peak and Track mode
Individually calibrates each wrench
Supplies unique serial number for each wrench

Ratchet Head
1/2" drive reversible ratchet
32-tooth gear provides an 11.25º arc while handling high torque loads
Forged from Chromium Vanadium alloy to ensure strength
Conforms to ASME B107.10 2005 standards

Range
15 – 150 ft/lbs
180 – 1,800 in/lbs
20.3 – 203 Nm

Digital Control
Large backlit digital display shows both target torque and current read-out
Intuitive button design makes operating torque wrench simple
LEDs and digital display provide visual feedback when operating wrench
Buzzer creates audible feedback when target torque is reached
Easily switch between ft/lbs, in/lbs, and Nm
Automatically powers off when not in use for 2 minutes
Low battery indicator

Handle
Soft-touch overmold provides comfortable non-slip grip
Engineered plastics ensure an impact resistant housing

The offer is valid until June 1st, and is only for the lower 48 states.

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
How does this compare to the snap-on version? Forgive me but I am alittle weary with such a great price. Don't get me wrong, I understand I pay for the snap-on name and markup but there is a huge gap there. Interested to know....

Thanks

blmw

Apr 13, 2012
How does this compare to the snap-on version? Forgive me but I am alittle weary with such a great price. Don't get me wrong, I understand I pay for the snap-on name and markup but there is a huge gap there. Interested to know....

Thanks

Operation-wise, they are pretty similar. We actually use a different method of measuring torque than Snap-On (who uses strain-gauge technology). It is a method that we patented, and it is inherently less expensive to manufacture. It enables us to have the digital technology at a manual torque wrench price.

BLMW

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Looked on the site but didnt see anything.

But how is the warranty?

I know with the digitals, I have killed 2 craftsman and 1 snapon, and the warranty is only 90 days on the craftsman.

blmw

Apr 13, 2012
Looked on the site but didnt see anything.

But how is the warranty?

I know with the digitals, I have killed 2 craftsman and 1 snapon, and the warranty is only 90 days on the craftsman.

Our warranty is 1 year from date of purchase, 90 days for calibration. We have a repair / calibration facility in Chicago in case anything needs to be done to the wrench.

BLMW

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Will you be coming out with angle degree digital torque wrench or what ever you call it similar to the snap on one?

This particular one looks like a nice torque wrench at a great price.

blmw

Apr 13, 2012
Not available for your northern neighbor up here in Canada?:(

Unfortunately, the shipping costs are much more than within the US so we can't offer the $99 special. We can ship it for $125 via the USPS if you are interested. This does not include any Canadian duties or fees that might be charged. If you are interested, send me a PM and we will take care of it for you.

BLMW

blmw

Apr 13, 2012
I like the price but 150 ft lbs won't cut it for me... Any plans for a 250 ft lbs and a 3/8 model as Travis Asked?

We are currently working on a full line of Torque Wrenches (including a 3/8"/100ft.lb and a 1/2"/250 ft.lb model). There will also be an angle function version. We are anticipating early next year for production.

BLMW

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
We are currently working on a full line of Torque Wrenches (including a 3/8"/100ft.lb and a 1/2"/250 ft.lb model). There will also be an angle function version. We are anticipating early next year for production.

BLMW

Nice I'll be watching for them... I work for a Cat dealer on mining equipment so the bigger the tool the better:D

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Thanks for the suggestion. Out of curiosity, do you ever need torque+angle at those higher torque specs?

BLMW

Yes, Cat uses alot of torque to yield bolts in big engines, drivetrain and undercarriage. But to be 100% honest most big tty bolts I will achieve pretorque then torque turn with a hytorque or 3/4" or 1" impact. I just don't have enough meat on me to turn those bolts, and I would feel bad putting my 6ft cheater pipe or hooking the Crane to a digital torque wrench.

It would be a nice feature to have unless it added a bunch to the final price.