Diesels: Ricers of the Future

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Really? The future? They are the ricer's of today. Don't believe me? Think about all the stupid threads about smoke switches, smoking out other motorists, everybody with a diesel and tune wants to drag race at every red light. This hobby is being ruined by shitheads, like most things always are. Yet, we still have dum-dums who can't wait to get on here and other boards and brag about some _________ (you fill in the blank) they "killed" at a stop light or on some highway, like they've somehow accomplished something and should be proud. Go watch the antics at a large diesel event of everyone flying around town and trying to race and do burn outs on public property, and then bitch when the cops shut it down, or write tickets. The Scheid's threads are a great recent example of this type of behavior. Worse than ricers in my opinion. There are still many legit people who are in it for the right reasons, and I enjoy them, just like the import scene, however, the knuckleheads significantly overshadow them, just like the import scene.

Lb7KID

ZoomZoom
Jan 24, 2010
parker,colo
why is it always the dodges that have to look all hill billyed out haha i mean whats with the dodge with the 100ft stacks really he has to duck going under bridges hahahaaha:thumb:

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Never been to a major diesel event only small get togethers at drag strips and a couple of NHRDA events so I've never witnessed the shenanigans.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Really? The future? They are the ricer's of today. Don't believe me? Think about all the stupid threads about smoke switches, smoking out other motorists, everybody with a diesel and tune wants to drag race at every red light. This hobby is being ruined by shitheads, like most things always are. Yet, we still have dum-dums who can't wait to get on here and other boards and brag about some _________ (you fill in the blank) they "killed" at a stop light or on some highway, like they've somehow accomplished something and should be proud. Go watch the antics at a large diesel event of everyone flying around town and trying to race and do burn outs on public property, and then bitch when the cops shut it down, or write tickets. The Scheid's threads are a great recent example of this type of behavior. Worse than ricers in my opinion. There are still many legit people who are in it for the right reasons, and I enjoy them, just like the import scene, however, the knuckleheads significantly overshadow them, just like the import scene.

Agree 100%

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

not gunna lie, ive done this a few times myself. I dont do it much more for the fear of gettin pulled over and the fact that i dont like to toot my own horn. but every once and a while when someone throws a rev at me and i feel like takin the risk, ill run them. Im not perfect and like havin fun with the truck and i know its not legal but i also dont go blowin smoke for no reason, or go braggin aournd town that my truck is fast or go burnin tires off at every corner.

I completely agree with your statement though. I just know i dont and cant always follow it to a "T". Granted, im still young and not as mature as some guys on here but im growin up, learing everyday, try to model after alot of you on here who everyone gives a bunch of respect for.

flame on if need be, ill take it gracefully :D

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008

X2. Nailed it. The critics who dont know what its about are just the same as the douche bags who smoke out both lanes from stop light to stop light.

Last edited:

Red

Hating altitude
Aug 23, 2009
Colorado Springs
So if you lift a diesel it's retarted, but if you sawz-all diet a SUV and go 2mph through the forest it's legit as hell. Add in the fact that if your truck smokes you are GUARANTEED to be running crap tuning with a cheap build, and that thread is painful to make it through.

dirty-b

KCCO!
Jun 5, 2010
Central MN
Why can't people let other people enjoy their hobbbies? Because I want 20" rims I dumb! or the fact that I take care of my truck and wash and wax it to make it look nice I a dip sh*t! That thread was the worst one I have ever read! You don't like what I do so your wrong! Some people need to grow up! Big Angry I agree with you! We all need to remember we are representing our hobbie every time we drive our truck!

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Killing the hobby for who again....?????

Let people be the way there going to be. Every hobby has its downfalls, and if you dont have fun and rather spend your time policing everyone, you are going to miss out on what you think you are defending.

I am pretty responsible, but I also have been known to blow some smoke on people, race on the street, and cause issues...who cares, and who is anyone to say its stupid? Everyone in the world has done something someone doesnt like...

Even owning a stock truck with no m,ods, there is someone out there thinking its dumb to have a truck...are you going to agree anbd give in? or do your own thing?

Live a little, you dont get to take your hobbies with you to heaven...

Call me a redneck cause my truck smokes sometimes, call me a ricer cause I have a stack, call me a dip shit cause I race on the street once in awhile.....whatever make you happy and cool because you think you have the power or whatever it is to call it out like that..

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I love the guys who says "hes not expert" but doesnt think a turbine wheel will exit an exhaust (reasoning for exhaust pointed straight up). Hes got one thing right, Hes no expert!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Killing the hobby for who again....?????

Let people be the way there going to be. Every hobby has its downfalls, and if you dont have fun and rather spend your time policing everyone, you are going to miss out on what you think you are defending.

I am pretty responsible, but I also have been known to blow some smoke on people, race on the street, and cause issues...who cares, and who is anyone to say its stupid? Everyone in the world has done something someone doesnt like...

Even owning a stock truck with no m,ods, there is someone out there thinking its dumb to have a truck...are you going to agree anbd give in? or do your own thing?

Live a little, you dont get to take your hobbies with you to heaven...

Call me a redneck cause my truck smokes sometimes, call me a ricer cause I have a stack, call me a dip shit cause I race on the street once in awhile.....whatever make you happy and cool because you think you have the power or whatever it is to call it out like that..

Mike you are a dipshit :D :joker: :hug:

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
Well, technically the "ricer" badge is for the "look and sound" not so much for adding on anything or the way you drive. Problem is this: Just because it has 4 cylinders and sounds like a pissed off blow fly doesn't mean its not fast or that the guy isn't proud of his vehicle. There is a street driven Honda in dallas with a GT42 running 8's. It looks like a ricer, sounds like one on steriods, and will blow away most anyone who jacks with him. Eveyone acts stupid once in a while. Most of the people complaining are just jealous. Just because its a fast truck doesn't make it redneck rice. I for one am happy to see what a person can do with something different than the normal, be it 4,6,8 10 cylinder or even diesels. i remember in highschool watching a video from a tech school in Phoenix with a 350 olds diesel in a Vega running 11's with just motor. People will hotrod anything they can personally afford. I had one guy ask me about a motor swap for a Fiesta and in the back of my mind I was thinking "why?" but it was what he could afford. Bottom line, nobody's perfect, its fun to smoke all 4 tires from a light and make a camaro owner crap his pants when an 8000# trucks spanks him. Live a little, quit bashing everyone elses ideas.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Agree but it's no different then the muscle car era where everyone was doing the same thing it doesn't matter what we drive people will always do stupid thing's and drag race light to light it is what it is and people do it and have done it since a motor was put in a frame.But yes some people take it to far

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Well, technically the "ricer" badge is for the "look and sound" not so much for adding on anything or the way you drive. Problem is this: Just because it has 4 cylinders and sounds like a pissed off blow fly doesn't mean its not fast or that the guy isn't proud of his vehicle. There is a street driven Honda in dallas with a GT42 running 8's. It looks like a ricer, sounds like one on steriods, and will blow away most anyone who jacks with him. Eveyone acts stupid once in a while. Most of the people complaining are just jealous. Just because its a fast truck doesn't make it redneck rice. I for one am happy to see what a person can do with something different than the normal, be it 4,6,8 10 cylinder or even diesels. i remember in highschool watching a video from a tech school in Phoenix with a 350 olds diesel in a Vega running 11's with just motor. People will hotrod anything they can personally afford. I had one guy ask me about a motor swap for a Fiesta and in the back of my mind I was thinking "why?" but it was what he could afford. Bottom line, nobody's perfect, its fun to smoke all 4 tires from a light and make a camaro owner crap his pants when an 8000# trucks spanks him. Live a little, quit bashing everyone elses ideas.

I agree with you Larry but I dont think that you can ignore the fact people will do stupid, ugly, dumb things with a vehicle. This being said I think we have a pretty good group of people over here. We occasionally jab dodge guys etc, but its all really friendly competition. Never once have I seen a thread just endlessly bashing another vehicle/motorsport. Most people here are the 1% and are in it for the right reasons and dont take to bashing others just for sport.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I read that whole thread and just had to respond to it. For some reason, one guy wanted help with grammar checking his post :confused:. I felt obligated to respond :D.