DieselmafiaLLY's new look

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Well I have come to a point where I have completed most of ther performance stuff I want to do to my truck (for this year anyways
smile.gif
), so now its time for me to move on to apperance. My truck is in pretty good condition, just hit 90k miles but there is some things that are bothering me so I decided to take care of them now before they turn into bigger issues.

The plan for the truck is:
Repaint same color
Repair drivers hinge that was damaged due to wind
Debadge entire truck
Roll pan
New style tow mirrors
Recon Tails
Some sort of aftermarket headlights, tint the fogs and markers
Spray in bed liner
And a few other cosemetic issues

If you guys have any other suggestions feel free to offer em up, for now im going to post some older pics of the truck so you have an idea what im working with, will post more as paint and body come together

Attachments

• IMG-20120623-00144.jpg
    IMG-20120623-00144.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG-20130615-00969.jpg
    IMG-20130615-00969.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 138

cat_dr.

Feb 20, 2013
Jackson,Al
Search eBay for the tail lights I got my smoked leds for like 120 which is a lot cheaper than recons. Had them for about 3yrs and no problems out of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Search eBay for the tail lights I got my smoked leds for like 120 which is a lot cheaper than recons. Had them for about 3yrs and no problems out of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I can get em cheap through my buddys Co. thats on the side of my truck(Vertically Challenged) since he is sponsored by them:thumb:

DaveB

Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Indiana
Have 3m rocker guard put on the bottom. Nice stuff and gets painted over. I'd color match the door and tail gate handles. If the bed rails are in good shape I'd keep the bedliner under the rail. I do like them debadged except for the Duramax emblem. Just some of my thoughts after doing mine.

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
if your going to spend the money to repaint it u should 2 tone it that way it stands out from the crowd just my 2 cents all your other plans sound good and u should look into the koidak dmax badges u can get them from the dealer hears a sample i put them on my lbz and my reg cab

picture.php

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
if your going to spend the money to repaint it u should 2 tone it that way it stands out from the crowd just my 2 cents all your other plans sound good and u should look into the koidak dmax badges u can get them from the dealer hears a sample i put them on my lbz and my reg cab

picture.php

thnx for the ideas!:thumb:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Have 3m rocker guard put on the bottom. Nice stuff and gets painted over. I'd color match the door and tail gate handles. If the bed rails are in good shape I'd keep the bedliner under the rail. I do like them debadged except for the Duramax emblem. Just some of my thoughts after doing mine.

i totally agree, colormatched handles look good, if you spray over the rails and dont like it you will hate life forever. and the dmax badge is the only thing worth keeping besides the front bowtie.

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
i totally agree, colormatched handles look good, if you spray over the rails and dont like it you will hate life forever. and the dmax badge is the only thing worth keeping besides the front bowtie.

my paint guy says he doesn't like to color match because it will not have a good finish, wont match the color perfect either

Skinny7878

Aug 26, 2013
Orangeville
You should check my brother out, Paintwerx.ca his new booth is almost ready & he's one of the best painters around (brother or not, he's that good) a bit of a hike for you though, Shelburne/Primrose (1hr north of Toronto) & he's a custom airbrush artist. We're drafting a sick mural for my tailgate

Sent from my iPhone

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You should check my brother out, Paintwerx.ca his new booth is almost ready & he's one of the best painters around (brother or not, he's that good) a bit of a hike for you though, Shelburne/Primrose (1hr north of Toronto) & he's a custom airbrush artist. We're drafting a sick mural for my tailgate

Sent from my iPhone

I would but its already half done now lol

duramax05blk

Mar 16, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonDMAX
my paint guy says he doesn't like to color match because it will not have a good finish, wont match the color perfect either

Find a new painter a little sanding and few coats of primer they will look perfect. It has been done . You can also just buy aftermarket escalade handles and paint them to match as they were designed to be painted to match. But I would leave the handle black as you have black wheels and tonneau. Ill see if I can locate a pic of the factory black textured handles we color matched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Excuse my grammar the iPhone makes me iStupid!