Diesel service in East LA

08liftedHD

Jan 5, 2012
Hey all, made the move out to pasadena, ca and having trouble finding diesel service with good reviews. Fresh shoulder injuries mean I don't have much time to work on the truck myself, or drive down to well-known shops in san diego/OC. Anyone know of a good diesel maintenance/performance place in East LA or surrounding areas?

Also, anyone from this area every head to the 1/8 mile drags at Irwindale? Lets have some test n tune fun one thursday! :woott:

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
i go to irwindale...what kind of work do u need done to ur truck? there isnt a good diesel shop in LA.. MAYBE JOHN BOYD?

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Domestic Diesel over here in the Chino Hills / Chino area. It is a little drive from Pasadena, but John the owner knows his stuff. :thumb:

08liftedHD

Jan 5, 2012
Mack, is that the same John Boyd mentioned by Ryan? And lbzrcks I'd prefer not to go to the dealer, as my truck is extensively modified.

Like I said, I'm down to one arm so I need a hand with oil change, AD filters and trans spin-on. Also blew my g80 so I'm looking to do a grizzly locker in the near future.

08liftedHD

Jan 5, 2012
Also, just read irwindale got shut down? And pomona dragway too?

Thanks for the help so far guys!

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Mack, is that the same John Boyd mentioned by Ryan? And lbzrcks I'd prefer not to go to the dealer, as my truck is extensively modified.

Like I said, I'm down to one arm so I need a hand with oil change, AD filters and trans spin-on. Also blew my g80 so I'm looking to do a grizzly locker in the near future.

Doesn't matter, mine is too ;)

08liftedHD

Jan 5, 2012

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
no i have not, but i know him and have spoke with him before..with the exception of the trans ive done all the work on my truck myself with the help of a couple of members on here.. parts are so expensive i cant afford labor too..:rofl:

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
if u need any kind of trans service or work call mike L. 714 870 7300,Mike has worked on my truck and is 1 of the only ones i would let touch my vehicle...

08liftedHD

Jan 5, 2012
You built the motor? Impressive. I'd definitely be down for a track day once I get the maintenance taken care of.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007

John Ferguson is his name. Not a stealership either, its a diesel shop.

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
You built the motor? Impressive.
I'd definitely be down for a track day once I get the maintenance taken care of.

no i bought the long block pre assembled from Joe @ PPE.. But the original plan was to build it myself when it blew....some deals are to good to pass up !! i pulled that f@cker out myself, and transfered all the parts from one engine to the other, etc. etc. ... and i dont wanna do it again!! lol

08liftedHD

Jan 5, 2012
I'm sure, swapped my buddys gas 6.0 and even that wasn't fun. How do you get around Cali emissions? I'm still FL registered. And those stock injectors to keep smoke down or you just haven't made the move to big tips yet?

Anyone have any diesel meets out here?

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
im still on stock tips, if u can somehow keep ur truck reg. in florida ,do it for as long as possible..however you can probably meet someone out here that can help u out..