LB7: Diesel in the oil, injectors ok.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Ohming is only checking the solenoids, nothing to do with the fuel side. You need to crimp off the fuel line under the AC compressor and put a vacuum pump on the return line at the back of the engine where the fuel lines clip on and check for return leaks under the valve covers. I almost gaurentee you that its injectors though.

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Placed my meter on the 200 range, all 8 injectors read between .02.5 and .02.9, I guess they are fine.
Not sure what else to look for.
Could it be possible that one of the supply lines was loose, and now that I've put them back to ran it without the covers it's not leaking any more.
I'm also running it without the turbo hoses, not sure if that makes any difference.

Nah boost tubes arent related to that

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
Sounds like a cracked body on an injector, I would only stick with OEM Bosch Injectors which we have a SALE going on right now for. Let us know if I can help.

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
Sounds like a cracked body on an injector, I would only stick with OEM Bosch Injectors which we have a SALE going on right now for. Let us know if I can help.

Just bought 1/2 set from Brent. Great service and price.

I would also buy the high pressure lines if yours are corroded at all

Last edited:

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Can it leak that bad, I had about 4 gallons of oil/diesel in the crack case.
Can the pump be tested on the truck?

Yes it can leak that bad. No no way to test it.

It will weep fuel into the valley long before it fills the oil with fuel.

I disagree because I have had it happen to me, out the front cam seal, runs down the timing over into the crankcase. Gallons and gallons.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 28

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
I had a new bosch injector crack and was impossible to find.with valve covers off and engine running pressure was ramped up and was cracked at the back so no spray just a huge leak that dyed the oil instantly so they all looked to be leaking and everything glowing.might want to check if the leak is that bad.