Desert Race

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So im an avid desert racing guy as you can tell by the way my diesel is done up lol but i figured for those of you looking for something to do this labor day weekend there is a desert racing event being held by Whiplash out in Snowflake Az. its one of whiplashes biggest events of all its races and no, they dont and wont have the issues MDR did at their last race :D. whiplash is a bit more organized than that. Either way, i will be racing my ploaris rzr as well as my buddy racing his and two others of my dads friends. we will have a big pit/camp that will be full of fun after the race and before im sure. If anyone would like to come out for the day and see why im so into this stuff, its definitely alot different than runnin your diesel 1/4 or pullin a sled :angel:. your more than welcome to and hang out in our pit, im sure we can put you to work as well for some help lol. Send me a PM if your gunna come out and ill send ya some directions

Anyhow, ive been workin the last two weeks to get my rzr race ready for this race. added a PCi race radio with in car radio (to talk to the passenger) and car to car (to talk to the pits), added a few more bars to the cage to make it stronger incase we roll, and just did as much maintance as possible. also made up some funny nick names for all of us in our grounp drivin to put on our doors, best is my buddy ronnie who is racing is 'Ronnie "Yard Sale" Rosepiler' lol. he wreaked his car two miles into a desert ride and had to replace th ewhole back frame section of his rzr and pretty much rebuild it up from there for the is race. Im headin out tomorrow about 12-1pm to get the car through tech and grab my wrist band. Im super excited as its been two years since my last desert race ive done in a car! Gunna be fun thats for sure

Just kinda something i figured if any of ya'll will be out here and want something to do.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 44

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Damn James ur cage is tall as hell.

its actually 3" shorter than a stock cage too!! it looks better when there is someone sittin in it, my head sits another 6-8 inches above the top of the seat head rest. i never liked the cage i built for it. one of these days im gunna build one just like my brothers cage i jsut built. looks really cool and is waaaaaay easier to build (specially since i saved all the measurements :D)

Last edited:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
thanks rob! ill be puttin a in car cam on the rzr tomorrow so ill get some vid of the race and post it up

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Good luck at the race. I'm sure you will have loads of fun there.

By the way, I like your suspension setup. I wish I could fab up a true long travel IFS suspension for our dmax like the prerunner has.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Good luck at the race. I'm sure you will have loads of fun there.

By the way, I like your suspension setup. I wish I could fab up a true long travel IFS suspension for our dmax like the prerunner has.

:confused:

The truck suspension arms are stock, well other than the fabtech UCA and the RZR is stock RZR S suspension which comes with 5" over arms from the factory as compared to the reg rzr

i do have some plans for the truck suspnsion though :joker:

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
:confused:

The truck suspension arms are stock, well other than the fabtech UCA and the RZR is stock RZR S suspension which comes with 5" over arms from the factory as compared to the reg rzr

i do have some plans for the truck suspnsion though :joker:

My bad. I meant a true long travel setup for our truck. I know yours are stock. Fabtech does make a long travel suspension but it's too tall for what I want it to be and too expensive. 6" lift is tall enough for a prerunner truck, 14" of travel would be nice if it were possible.

I wonder if it's possible to custom make upper and lower A-arms for the right coilover setup to achieve a full 14" travel like a trophy truck.

duramaxxin

Jan 12, 2009
Good luck man i built a rhino fully legal for SCORE it was a blast. Fully tig welded frame +6 arms elka elite sharks blah blah you know the deal. lol. I miss it, it was alot of fun!

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
well i won my class and got second over all!!! not bad for a dune car lol. all the street bilke motor guys kept sayin i was cuttin the course or something to be runnin the times they were runnin lol. car ran awesome and never gave me a problem!

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
congrats James :happy2: wheres the in cars?

i searched high and low for the damn recorder box and couldnt find it. had teh cameral and everything else though :mad: oh well. i got some pics on my computer at home ill up load tonight

How long was this race? Or was it a circuit?

it was 135 miles at 28 miles a lap. Whiplash racing is the ones that put it on. its usually their biggest race of the year though this year it was kinda a small turn out for other classes. We had 28 UTVs start off ranging from Redlines, 10 R1 motor rhinos, rotax motor rhino, couple BITD desert legal rzrs, and a tom car.

Mine was the most stock appearing but shes more of a sleeper than anything ;). shes got a ported and polished head as well as shaved, tuned ECM from S&S engines, clutch kit that i peiced together to work best for me, and jsut some other little bling bling peices lol. I hit 70mph at 6900rpm on the back long stretch but backed out cause i didnt wanna blow nothin up since we were first in class by then. we jsut cuised at 60mph at 6400rpm.

I was super glad we pre-ran friday night as my RF spring snaped in half (stock rzr s fox shocks) from a defect is all i can figure so we put my brothers elka shocks from his rzr on the front of mine. Thing worked flawless all race and i was only runnin about 3/4 throttle the whole race to keep thing from being over driven. I like to think its all cause i know how to drive these rzrs like they are on rails :D

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
couple of pics of the rzr, got them off the guys that were out there takin pics. Ill have more when my buddy uploads his off his camera. you can see it wasnt no sunday drive lol

Untitled5.png

Untitled6.png

Untitled4.png

Untitled3-1.png

Untitled2-3.png

Untitled-5.png

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
well i won my class and got second over all!!! not bad for a dune car lol. all the street bilke motor guys kept sayin i was cuttin the course or something to be runnin the times they were runnin lol. car ran awesome and never gave me a problem!

Congrats :hi5:

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
That looks like alot of fun, one of the pic looks like you guys hit pretty hard on the front end getting some air.