Dead LLY

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
So even on a bench harness, no go?

I had this same issue a few months back with an Lly ECM. Had to remove it and send it in to Socal for bench harness reflash, luckily it worked. I ran my spare ECM in the customers truck while his was at socals.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Humor me and try what I said in my first post. I have had 4 or 5 LLY ECM's get "stuck" in an unrecognizable state. Unplugging the ECM fuse with the key on then plugging the fuse back in fixed it every time

No go this time man. just tried it. several times. and the last few times it didn't even show the "flashing" or "service 4wd" which it was doing before. where this one burnt up the supply bus for those 4 fuses and I'm pretty sure it was due to these breakers which I have changed that fuse block out since it was fubar and not sending power. it is now though and there is some slight load on a couple of the fuses for the edu, ecm but still not taking a flash.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Were they fuses with a little red switch on the top? If they were they break more closely to the labled amperage than traditional fuses, I use them on boats where it safer to just beable to reset them. I wouldn't think the breakers could cause a problem unless they were not matched up properly when swapped out.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
No they are some kinda breaker that that resets itself. No switch and when in the block they are as tall as the cube relays. I'll post a pic. I asked him where he got them. He said at the truck shop he used to work and that they were removed from certain truck as a safety bulletin. Well hmmm let me just put these in my rig. :confused:

Last edited:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
No they are some kinda break that that resets itself. No switch and when in the block they are as tall as the cube relays. I'll post a pic. I asked him where he got them. He said at the truck shop he used to work and that they were removed from certain truck as a safety bulletin. Well hmmm let me just out these in my rig. :confused:

That sounds real dangerous. Whats the point of it if it self resets. What a dip wad...