DDing on big sticks

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Who on here DDs trucks with big (100+ over) sticks? I'm thinking about going bigger than my 60s this fall just not sure how big I can go and not have issues that will make me not want to DD the truck.
Thanks

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Sweet thanks guys, I think this winter I'm going to 100 overs. Might even lighten the truck some more and put a roll bar in

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
As long as there good injectors you should be fine. Elevation plays a big role, at sea level I wouldn't even sweat it , at my elevation it can be done but smoke out put will be more than the 60% for sure , i say go for it . On brand Exergy is always a safe choice , but we have been using nothing but II lately , in the last 6 months they put 600,000.00 $$ into state of the art equipment and are finally doing them in house ( they always sub'd them out before ) and the result has been great , I run there 75% sticks in my DD and they by far the best set of injectors I have have had my hands on are almost smoke free and were a breeze to tune .

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
X2 on exergy. I've had trouble making big (170+) sticks streetable and smokeless, but I finally figured it out and it turned out great. If you are going to an oversize injector I recommend a minimum of 60% over. Anything under that isn't worth the $/benefit in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone.

BLKLMM

<<< Slow Mamba
Jan 31, 2010
Oceanside
:woott: thanks guys ....its gonna be driven a few times just didn't wanna be like a smokey slow cummins owner's:D carry on:thumb:

Last edited:

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
:woott: thanks guys ....its gonna be driven a few times just didn't wanna be like a smokey slow cummins owner's:D carry on:thumb:

Hey! Come on now, i know a guy who had a smokey cummins, IIRC that truck still went a bit faster than yours!!:roflmao:

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I have 60 over now, and other than a little noise (that only I notice everyone else thinks I'm crazy) I can't tell any difference from the stock injectors. I'm even thinking of stepping up to 120 over, but might just stick with 100s. I do drive the truck on the street more than the track.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
now what am I going to need to pump this fuel? I'm thinking 2 LB7 cp3s are not going to really cut it or will they do ok with 120s?
edit, I guess each pump would only be doing 10% over stock stick flow

Last edited:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
You'll do great with 2 lb7 pumps. If you need more fuel you could always buy new 'modded' regulators for them or mod the regs yourself. Make sure if you mod or buy modded regs that you replace them both. Tuning with two different regs can be a pain since each flows different fuel for the given voltage.

Sent from my iPhone.