DBUSH goes all in

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Damiam make sure they key your cam/crank. Newlys 1st engine still had a pressed in dowel..

You know this buddy! I already spoke with the machine shop yesterday and that was of course verified along with my request for them to use a torque plate. I wasnt backing off on the torque plate :thumb:

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Looks like you set a deadline for my build to be done as well Damian!! Good luck with everything! Hopefully we'll be racing together at the tuff truck!

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Looks like you set a deadline for my build to be done as well Damian!! Good luck with everything! Hopefully we'll be racing together at the tuff truck!

Heck yes I did. Servin up a little not F****** around. We gots racin ta do. You, me, and BriBri are gonna have some fun! Is it safe to say at least two of us are rolling the dice with stock shafts in them transmissions?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Is it safe to say at least two of us are rolling the dice with stock shafts in them transmissions?

nope cause im still on stock hard parts in mine and pretty damn sure they will hold beyond my power level after all the bad defuel it had years back

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
nope cause im still on stock hard parts in mine and pretty damn sure they will hold beyond my power level after all the bad defuel it had years back

James what do you suppose the ceiling is on stock shafts? I've heard numbers thrown around like 850-900....I'm guessing like other hard parts they will fail different people @ different power levels? Hope you can come to race with us James!

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
The heat treatment process is different for every shaft, I saw a shaft from Jason's LBZ that broke in Phoenix while I was at mikes and the treatment didn't go much more than 1/8".

If I bring the truck James will be towing it :D

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
James what do you suppose the ceiling is on stock shafts? I've heard numbers thrown around like 850-900....I'm guessing like other hard parts they will fail different people @ different power levels? Hope you can come to race with us James!

like brian said, it just depends on how much the heat treatment actually worked. i was pushing 480hp for 4 years with nasty tie ups in 3rd to 4th and actually caused one of the hubs in my trans to start twising splines. still running all those same stock parts even at the 700-750hp the race tune makes and daily drive on a 550-600hp tune which i constantly hammer on. I know trent ran stock shafts even when he made 1200hp. all depends on if you got a "good one" or not it seems. being i weigh so much and have big ass tires, i would think it would take less hp than most out there to break one if mine was gunna break but so far so good.

Im certainly gunna shoot for it if brian gets his junk done. waiting for him to say for sure it will be running and ready so i can get that friday off

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Can any of you guys chime in on what you think I should buy or skip as far as the heads go? Upgraded springs are a definite. How about Merchants chromoly pushrods? Ti retainers? Cups? How will da twins affect my head needs besides springs?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Can any of you guys chime in on what you think I should buy or skip as far as the heads go? Upgraded springs are a definite. How about Merchants chromoly pushrods? Ti retainers? Cups? How will da twins affect my head needs besides springs?
Wish i had another set of screw in cups but my machine shop is so behind its going to be awhile,Might want to look into a set from II wouldnt be that bad to install while the heads are off.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Wish i had another set of screw in cups but my machine shop is so behind its going to be awhile,Might want to look into a set from II wouldnt be that bad to install while the heads are off.

Love the idea but I think loc tite and billet hold downs will be fine for now. The machine shop would charge more I'm sure to thread the heads as well in addition to the cups themselves. How bout the parts specifically I mentioned? Needed or no?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I mean 175k stock as stock can be heads that were only shaved a bit to make them flat. I don't run high rpms and I don't run high boost so I saw no reason to go changing something that works.

If I had the money, they would have been completely gone through but that don't mean I wouldnt have ran into problems still. Brian's build kinda speaks for that.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
If I was to do anything to the heads I think the first thing on my list would be hold downs then springs and retainers, screw in cups and lastly pushrods. Id start at the beginning of that list and stop when the cash ran out.