LBZ: Daytime driving lights

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
Guys, I am wanting to put some fog lamp bulbs in my daytimes. Any leads on some replacement lamps that are 3k color, non-hid. If there some LEDs that I can put in that would be okay too. I noticed that Recon has LED replacement bulbs on their site, but am looking any other suggestions.

With this mind, I would then do a 6 light on I stead of just the 4 light.

BTW, I don't have fogs in my bumper valance.

Leads? Suggestions?

I like tacos.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I tried doing that but I couldnt find any for my LBZ. I ended up just putting orange bulbs in the DRL an dit looked a lot better than the clear bulbs. I cant remember the # of the bulb off the top of my head :eek:

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
The choices you really have are just LED versions. The DRL bulb is a 4114K but I think a 3157/3156 will work. I use to have the all-6-mod as well but it looked kinda cheasy. I finally did the same thing as Brian and installed a 4157NA (naturally amber) bulb. Looks better I think as well.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
So, are you saying you no longer use the all 6 anymore? Or, are you saying you do use the all 6 with the amber?

How does the amber look at night? Does it really make the bottom marker look bright? If you have a pic that would be great!

What my intention with the whole thing is to clear the reflector and use clear blinks/markers and then whatever I can find for daytimes that look best.

I like tacos.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I reverted back to just the all 4 on, so no the DRL's don't turn on with my headlights anymore. The amber looks ok at night as they turn on when I use the key fob to unlock the doors. But they shine with the same intensity as the signal bulb when its flashing. I've always thought about rewiring them so as to have both the DRL and signal bulb operating at the low voltage 'running light' mode then have them both flash with the blinker. But I think I have better things to do with my time right now lol.

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
I'm running 4157 amber bulbs, a little brighter, but they look really good, i only have high low and fogs on with the all on, i may put on the drls with all the other ones to, not sure

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I used the same bulb as the turn signal. You have to keep an eye on the socket, because the will start to degrade over time because of the heat from the new bulb....I have not changed the socket yet, and I have been running the turn signal bulbs for about 6 years.

Trevor79

Feb 20, 2012
I had disabled my DRL then wired the bulb to work with my running lights-blinkers on my '01 and '03.

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
just in case someone wondered what amber looked like, i think it will look bad ass with the cab lights

Attachments

• Brampton-20120217-00228.jpg
    Brampton-20120217-00228.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 60

BrandenBuse

Feb 12, 2013
Chicago
Any advice on making my led drls work? I replaced my normal bulbs with them and they have never worked. I have tried flipping them around and even tried new bulbs but the DRLs don't work at all and I can't figure out why. I have the correct bulb and everything. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Any advice on making my led drls work? I replaced my normal bulbs with them and they have never worked. I have tried flipping them around and even tried new bulbs but the DRLs don't work at all and I can't figure out why. I have the correct bulb and everything. Thanks

Just remember the DRL's will not illuminate until the ignition is on, vehicle is out of park, parking brake is released, and the ambient light sensor sees daylight.

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
I converted my DRLs to turn signals/running lights. I turned the 2 wire drl socket into a 3 wire turn signal socket and spliced them together. Looks real good with the whole parking light lit up. There is a write up on fullsizechevy..