Cruise control

ghosty

May 5, 2014
Western Australia
Can any one tell me the codes and in which module i need to look to tame the cruise control.

Mine is very aggressive, using max acceleration to achieve even the setpoint even if its only a couple of k's off when pressing resume.

Its so aggressive, I don't use it unless the road is almost dead flat.:(

Thanks

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I've noticed the cruise in the LMM is not as smooth as the LBZ. My truck never varies more than 1 mph from where the cruise is set, but my dad's LMM, even stock, would drop 2 or 3 mph before it really seemed to do anything. Once it does, it is like you said, very aggressive on the throttle.

ghosty

May 5, 2014
Western Australia
Hi ,
yep tried stock tune, no change. Figured there must be some where in the ECM that the cruise respose is sett probably three values to change I am thinking.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I've noticed the cruise in the LMM is not as smooth as the LBZ. My truck never varies more than 1 mph from where the cruise is set, but my dad's LMM, even stock, would drop 2 or 3 mph before it really seemed to do anything. Once it does, it is like you said, very aggressive on the throttle.

my truck wont change more than 1 mph on the highway empty but with it loaded down, it will drop 4mph before downshifting and getting with it. i had tried some other tuning long ago (think it was one of FERMs tow tunes from DP tune base) and with the truck loaded down, if mph dropped more than 1mph pulling a hill it would down shift, haul ass, pass targeted speed, then slow to the targeted speed. the fueling in the cruise tables was much more aggressive than my other tune. not sure if that goes for the same on LMM/LBZ stuff