CRU65's LBZ build thread

CRU65

CHARGED
Nov 21, 2012
Manitoba
Today I picked up this mint 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. I've been wanting a duramax for years now and finally decided to pull the trigger. This was the cleanest one that I could find in Manitoba and I can't wait to start building it.

The list of plans so far includes

Exterior:
Change back to the stock hood
Rip off the tube steps
Level
Paint lower valance and bumper cap black
Paint flares black
Esky handles
Debadge
Clear corners
Tint (any suggestions??)
Backup camera

Engine/Trans:
Twin turbos (hopefully not to far away, just saving up for them)
Built trans (suggestions welcome)
Larger injectors
Lift pump
EGR block
PCV reroute
EFI Live tuning

Audio/Interior:
Open to any suggestions you may have

CRU65

CHARGED
Nov 21, 2012
Manitoba
Congrats on the truck looks nice

Thanks.

:thumb: nice looking rig...

Thank you.

Welcome to DDs and congrats on your purchase! Good luck with your projects! Keep us posted.

I'll try and keep this updated as best I can, and thanks.

Sharp looking truck man :thumb:

Appreciate it.

How big of twins and injectors are you planning?

This is the kit that I've looked at the most:

http://atptrucks.com/sdp-s475-lbz-twin-turbo-kit/

I still have a lot of research to do on twins and built trans is a must first, but if you have any suggestions let me know. As for injectors I'm thinking either 40 or 60 overs but that will be decided at a later date aswell.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Nice truck :thumb: Sounds like you have a pretty solid plan. If you're looking for trans suggestions there's MPL Motorsports in Lacombe, Alberta. Ted built my trans over 3 years ago.

CRU65

CHARGED
Nov 21, 2012
Manitoba
Well I've been slowly working on the truck now that winter is over. I have been running EFI Live from Kory Willis and his tunes have been awesome so far. I mounted my dsp5 switch where my cig lighter is so it looks clean and stock. Truck now has esky handles around all four doors, I've changed over all exterior bulbs to leds (minus headlights of course) and ditched the drls in favour of another set of park lights, hope to get started on the interior pieces soon and do the 10 HI mod. I also worked on the EGR and PCV reroute, those seem to help out nicely!. While changing the fuel filter last year I stripped the bleeder screw so I picked up a billet one from merchant and threw on there filter head spacer as well. Now have an MBRP 4" exhaust on the truck and did the PPE airbox mod while I was in there.
I'm also planning on lifting the truck with a Cognito 4-6, but currently I'm leveled so I picked up the Cognito UCA's to help with my ride, they will be perfect when I lift as I'm going to set the kit around 5". Picked up some tie rod sleeves as well to help strengthen the front end, hope to have the sleeves and UCA's on soon just need a weekend when I'm not working.

Truck is finally coming along slowly, and of course a couple pics right before I washed it.

CRU65

CHARGED
Nov 21, 2012
Manitoba
aguve6at.jpg

Quick pic of how the truck sits to date, thinking about getting forces when the lift comes.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

CRU65

CHARGED
Nov 21, 2012
Manitoba
So ever since I've had my truck I've noticed a severe lack of light while backing up at night, when I switched to leds it became almost unbearable as the beam projected forward instead of scattering. I decided to fix this problem by adding some led cubes with a flood pattern to get some more light. Here's a daytime pick of right after I installed them, and I'm going to get a nighttime pic on my way to work in the morning.

e6ytenuq.jpg

I also added a 30" light bar hidden behind my grill for driving at night to my cabin and around my house with all of the deer we have running around. I think the bar looks pretty good behind the grill and was the cleanest way I could think of mounting it on an nbs chevy. Nighttime pics to come.

egabuqy7.jpg

CRU65

CHARGED
Nov 21, 2012
Manitoba
Great to see your progress! Lighting is a great mod especially when it's keeping you a bit safer going down the road!
Thanks, can't wait to take a trip to the cabin and try the bar out in the woods, it's perfect for all the deer we have out in my area.

CRU65

CHARGED
Nov 21, 2012
Manitoba
Little update to the truck, last week someone tried to steal my led cube reverse lights. I bolted those things down tight and they couldn't get them so they decided to take my stock tail lights instead. Needless to say I was ****ing pissed, and I'm fairly certain I know who did so that's being dealt with later.

I ordered some new Sierra tail lights as I like them better than the Silverado style. I'll probably candy them as I think that looks the best out of all stock lights

ha5amu5y.jpg

I also finally got my eraser wheel after being backordered for 2 months, I debadged the doors and left just the duramax emblem. I'm thinking about ordering some of the new duramax emblems to freshen up the look a bit.

Also starting to gather parts for the front end swap :secret:

CRU65

CHARGED
Nov 21, 2012
Manitoba
Today I ordered an electric cutout for my exhaust, hopefully this will help the truck breathe a bit better on the road and lower the egts even more. I think the MBRP exhaust I have now sounds good but I rather keep a muffler and have a way to open it up sometimes. Also thinking about a 7-8" tip dumped over the axle, right now it comes out past the rear tire and hangs pretty low.