cross your fingers!! headed to the track

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I don't remember now that I think of it. I'm pretty sure the 1/8 was on the original cp3. That cp3 held well in the past but it was changed when I had that no start issue a while back.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
The M&H's definitely hook up good. I was leaving around 20-25#'s and they were still hooking. FYI with just normal weight reduction, tailgate, spare tire, etc... I went 7.41 on a single CP3 with a 1.5x 60'.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Yes sir, like it is in my sig

I was hoping for a 11.9999999999 lol. It did way better a few months ago at the 1/8 with more weight and on 20" nittos cutting a 1.82 60' only leaving at 11psi. This trip to the 1/4 was definitely not how the truck ran in the past. Sucks!!

But it's all good!! It might be as simple as a dirty fuel filter, could have picked up some trash at one of the stations on the trip to Colorado.

Heat and humidity are our worst enemies. The DA down there was probably around 4000'. lol. I know there's a huge difference with how mine runs in the cooler months. My truck will barely break 11s when its humid and traps about 2 mph slower.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Russ I know you had problems after the 1/8th because it happen the night you were heading to Enis to run the 1/4 there and you haven't run the truck since that I remember.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
The M&H's definitely hook up good. I was leaving around 20-25#'s and they were still hooking. FYI with just normal weight reduction, tailgate, spare tire, etc... I went 7.41 on a single CP3 with a 1.5x 60'.

Rub it in a little!!! Lol

I definitely think I can leave at 20-22psi. I just have spring clamps on the rear. It was unbelievable how smooth those tires launch compared to the 20's.

Considering I cut a .2 faster 60' and still ran .08sec and 3mph slower last night tells me she was not happy. Maybe she was just throwing a temper tantrum!! She has quite a few miles racked up too

Regardless, I'm ready to get her 100% and back out to the track when the weather cools off. Going to let josh work some magic and see what comes up next! :thumb:

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
here's a video from the 12.3 run on the smaller tune.

notice the duramax in the other lane, he had his torsion bars up and left in 4wd...broke a tie rod out of the hole.

[YOUTUBE]xsMo5L5dyR8[/YOUTUBE]

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
man she leaves hard out the hole there russ! you definitly need another pump. i was trapping 111-113 in my truck on a bad trans/intercooler and 1.9 60s lol. it may be the only thing saving your rods though :D

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
lol, don't you put that on me James!!!

Been talking to Josh, hoping to get the second CP3 on in the near future. trying to get it up to him to leave it until the world finals in Ennis when I can pick it up again. That way he can fine tune everything to his liking, it has to be tough for him to dial it in with just feeback from a rookie and logs. :thumb:

he looked at the logs from the race and created another tune experiment! i'll log that for him tonight when it cools down some.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
lol, don't you put that on me James!!!

Been talking to Josh, hoping to get the second CP3 on in the near future. trying to get it up to him to leave it until the world finals in Ennis when I can pick it up again. That way he can fine tune everything to his liking, it has to be tough for him to dial it in with just feeback from a rookie and logs. :thumb:

he looked at the logs from the race and created another tune experiment! i'll log that for him tonight when it cools down some.

:angel::angel:

yes, having the truck in hand is always better for the tuner. i think steve was about to slap me silly cause i kept sending logs that were not showing him what i was telling him the truck was doing. one ride in it later it was damn near dialed right in :roflmao:

i wanna see you and the "dumpster" go at it :D

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I'll blow the 99cent spray paint off the dumpster!! lol :roflmao:

pretty sure he would embarrass me... probably sneak some sort of remote tune control and toy with my emotions down the track