crazy ideas? trips on a d-max

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Ok so we all know by now my enthusiasm exceeds my comprehension. With that being said, i have an idea that im borrowing from a 502 big block chevy build i saw at wrench rat customs in spokane washington. It was only twins, but it got me thunkn. Q- Can you turn the manifolds around on the duramax? Could you run a single turbo off each exhaust manifold then direct both air charges into a modified y bridge to a turbo in the stock spot or close to, then have the stock location turbo send the final air charge thru the intercooler to the engine y bridge and into the engine? Has anyone done this, is it even possible? It looks like with the right bracketry the mounting would be possible, there would be things to relocate, it would prob be a pain in the butt.....but would it work? It sure looked sweet on that 502. Would this be considered a triple turbo set up or something else?

FLAME SUIT ON.

Last edited:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Manifolds have been flipped there is pics on here and front mount turbos are also on here. Modded bridges and daily driven trucks become a different story and cost as long as you do not care to spend money.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
How are you proposing the third turbo would be plumbed?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Been done before. Take a look at the Banks Big Hoss manifolds. How else do you think they feed them?
DmaxIntake_installed.jpg

This will also be a good forum for you to go search and learn on.
http://competitiondiesel.com/
Henry, that is just funny. :rofl: I wonder what the over/under would be?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Actually, i have a very elegant idea, i believe it can work, in theory, and physical space available(relocating proper elements). The right professional will know all the A/R and n all the science of flow and density, i will take my idea to a trusted professional when it is considerably more refined :thumb: notice im not askin more dumb questions... for now. Btw, you guys must just hate guys like me... at first. Come in here act like they know somethin. Lololololol. IDIOT.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Actually, i have a very elegant idea, i believe it can work, in theory, and physical space available(relocating proper elements). The right professional will know all the A/R and n all the science of flow and density, i will take my idea to a trusted professional when it is considerably more refined :thumb: notice im not askin more dumb questions... for now. Btw, you guys must just hate guys like me... at first. Come in here act like they know somethin. Lololololol. IDIOT.

Yea keep thinking that stock turbo in that location and 2 up front with stock manifolds and a modded bridge. To fit the pipe work around the bridge then into the stock turbo good luck with the train wreak for flow and drive pressure issues.