Crank no start no codes

landon7320

Sep 23, 2024
Fayetteville, AR
Bought an old farm truck from a guy in Missouri. Was supposed to be running when parked. Started out not building rail pressure. Did a bottle test and nothing significant came from that. Replaced the Cp3 with a good used one (took it off a truck personally). I’m able to build rail pressure now but it still won’t start. Did the PPE race valve while i was doing the Cp3 so that’s been ruled out aswell. I tested for voltage and ground at the FICM and that also checks out. Tried starting with FPR and rail pressure sensor unplugged. No change. It’ll start and run on starting fluid (i know it’s bad but almost don’t care at this point). It doesn’t throw any codes, not even low rail pressure. Changed the filter head for another i had aswell as fuel filter. Still nothing. Added an electric fuel pump in just to rule out insignificant amount of fuel. Clueless at this point on it

landon7320

Sep 23, 2024
Fayetteville, AR
Here is some good basic information about our trucks. Look for the section for your vintage. Maybe something will catch your interest.
Chevrolet-GMC Diesel Diagnostics - Oregon Fuel Injection
Figured out the fuel was badly contaminated with algae. Pulled injectors out of the passenger side. Front one was very very wet and there was fuel standing in the cup. Front two injectors pulled out by hand without a tool. Back one took the cup with it and the last to back had to have an injector pulled tool. Hopefully they can be cleaned and work😵‍💫

Attachments

• IMG_8027.jpeg
    IMG_8027.jpeg
    376.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8025.jpeg
    IMG_8025.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8022.jpeg
    IMG_8022.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7931.jpeg
    IMG_7931.jpeg