CP4 Fuel Bypass KiT

Littletank8

Nov 13, 2017
Central, ca
Any updates yet?

New to the forum, just bought my first dmax 2 days ago, '16 ccsb Ltz, got another 20k left on the factory warranty but as soon as it's up I really want to do something about the cp4 when it's up. I know it's not super common for them to go out but after spending 50k on a truck the last thing I want to do is dump another 10k in repair work. If I didn't live in cali I would probably just do a cp3 conversion however the carb legal conversion is 3k which is something I don't want to spend if I could do a bypass for a fraction of the price. Definitely interested in buying one of your kits as soon as you have them for sale.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
He showed me the prototype a few weeks ago, but he's working on something that won't require a lift pump. It'll be pretty cool if it works.

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA
Interesting. Would it possibly still be ok with a lift pump? Would hate to give up the extra filtration.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Interesting. Would it possibly still be ok with a lift pump? Would hate to give up the extra filtration.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
As it is now, you need a lift pump that is capable of putting out around 60 PSI of pressure. If he is able to do what he has in mind, you can run a regular duramax lift pump or no lift pump at all.