CP4 Fuel Bypass KiT

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
Anyone look into this? If the adapter plate works for ours, it would be very simple to plumb the fuel. The functionality would save a lot of money for those that do not want to do a cp3 swap. Seems to be a much more viable solution the FCA 25 microns screen from exergy.

https://www.accuratediesel.com/6-7l-powerstroke-disaster-prevention-kit.html

The lubricating fuel gets sent back to the tank and the low pressure fuel is sent straight from the supply side (lift pump filters and/or factory fuel filter) to the FCA for metering into the high pressure side. So essentially, only clean fuel is set to the injectors in the event of a failure. It is my understanding that most failures are from the cam and roller on the lubricating side, so this will contain it in the fuel tank allowing the filters to do their job.

Any input is appreciated. I am going to call them tomorrow to see about purchasing the adapter plate separately.
a5de031af179e4d346bdb694ebd4f58f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FSUwelder1212

Oct 18, 2012
I believe engineered diesel either makes these or something similar. It might be worth seeing if they could do something for the LML. Just out of curiosity, I know nothing about powerstroke, why doesn't someone make a CP3 conversion for the 6.7?

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
I believe engineered diesel either makes these or something similar. It might be worth seeing if they could do something for the LML. Just out of curiosity, I know nothing about powerstroke, why doesn't someone make a CP3 conversion for the 6.7?
There is not enough room behind it like the LML. I can't find anything on the ED website but I will be happy to call them tomorrow as well.

Last edited:

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA
Subed!
This is very interesting. My CP4 is the only thing I really worry about on my rig. Is there a big difference between the lml and turd pumps?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Subed!
This is very interesting. My CP4 is the only thing I really worry about on my rig. Is there a big difference between the lml and turd pumps?

I don't remember seeing a whole lot of issues on the turd side CP4 pumps... Atleast compared to our side... But I could of been mistaken and or not been reading properly...

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA
I don't remember seeing a whole lot of issues on the turd side CP4 pumps... Atleast compared to our side... But I could of been mistaken and or not been reading properly...
I know of two turds in my local area that have had pumps sh*t the bed. Both belong to friends. They are run hard.

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
I am being told by accurate diesel that the plate will not work on an LML CP4 due to a slight design difference. They are suppose to look into what it will take to build an appropriate one with the engineering team.

S&S makes the one for Engineered Diesel. If anyone has a good contact number for S&S, shoot it to me in a message and I will be happy to visit with them as well. I don't think it would take much to make it work.

FSUwelder1212

Oct 18, 2012
Coker are you sure about that? I swear I saw an Instagram post from ED of a video of them milling them out? Not saying you are wrong, but I thought ED was trying to break into the fuel side of things and manufacture their own stuff.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Coker are you sure about that? I swear I saw an Instagram post from ED of a video of them milling them out? Not saying you are wrong, but I thought ED was trying to break into the fuel side of things and manufacture their own stuff.

They probably pay S&S to manufacture them, but if they are marketing it as their product they probably just posted a video that S&S sent them.

The internet makes it super easy to look way more impressive then you really are..... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
No worries, it's stated on the web link you posted and has S&S engraved on the plate. Click on the manufacturer link and it takes you to all of the S&S products they provide.

FSUwelder1212

Oct 18, 2012
No worries, it's stated on the web link you posted and has S&S engraved on the plate. Click on the manufacturer link and it takes you to all of the S&S products they provide.

Huh, didn't notice that. Well now I feel like an idiot...

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
You ever figure this out?

I have it mapped out but still working on the plumbing portion to make it reasonable for resale. There is not much room to work with but I am hoping to have something created before too long. We have been swamped with work and other things so it has been on the back burner. Hoping to have everything ready to send to the machinist by next week.