LB7: CP3 mods

cwchuck

Nov 23, 2010
central Florida
CP3 Change Out

Have Fuel issues with my 03. Seems as if the regulator is acting up. No pressure 1000lb on cold start till you crank it a bit. Was looking at just replaceing the whole pump. Have 186,000 miles on it. Do I put a Bosh re man on or go with 42% modified or just a new stock pump? Money is tight. bad timing. wanted a modified.

ImpalaMax

Apr 4, 2011
Safford AZ
If you are going to run an LBZ regulator on an earlier model truck you will need to have the regulator voltage table rescaled.

Would this be as easy as pulling a lbz tune and c/p the voltage table into the lb7 tune? Any problem with the connector plugging in since lb7 reg is straight and lbz is 90°? Thx for your help I will be doing this in next week.

zacwht20

Feb 4, 2011
Auburn, IL
Would this be as easy as pulling a lbz tune and c/p the voltage table into the lb7 tune? Any problem with the connector plugging in since lb7 reg is straight and lbz is 90°? Thx for your help I will be doing this in next week.
From talking to a couple guys it takes some "massaging" to get it to hook up

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho

As far as the physical connection, its not that bad really. Some tweaking is needed, and alot of people say plug the thing in and then install it into the pump for best results.

On the tuning, no, its not quite that easy, the breakpoints on the table are not the same between the two tunes. If you would like, PM me and ill send you my email you can send me your tune and I will make the nessesary changes for you.

Jetty LBZ

work in progress
Jan 24, 2011
middle TN
I saw motorsport diesel had an upgrade for the stock CP3 would it be the same as the(bag of parts)? Also they had something they call a Revolution Kit that moves the stock CP3 to where a duel one should be. It says it speeds up the pump but wouldn't that be harmful to it? Sorry for going off topic