Couple new country songs..

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
x2. Josh Thompson's "beer on the table" is one of my favorites. Really like the Craig Morgan song thouigh.

Caper01

Dec 5, 2009
Some newer ones I've been listening to lately....

Joe Nichols - Gimmie That Girl
Blake Shelton - Can't Afford To Love You
Gary Allan - Get Off On The Pain
Jason Aldea - Crazy Town
Josh Tompsons - You Ain't Seen Country Yet
Uncle Kracker - Smile

Just to name a few...

aggar

Still Learnin!
Mar 9, 2008
Kirklin, IN
Those are some good ones. Look up Hank Jr.'s America the way I see it. It's an older one from the 90's around the time of the first gulf war and I think those songs are really relevant today.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Those are some good ones. Look up Hank Jr.'s America the way I see it. It's an older one from the 90's around the time of the first gulf war and I think those songs are really relevant today.

The funny thing about that album is the relevant songs ("Mr Lincoln", "Give a Damn", "Practice What I Preach" and "The American Way") were all released on albums from the late '70s early '80s. Check out a song called "Johnny B Good" from his "Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound" album (1978 I think)...kind of funny how history repeats itself.

Back on topic...

"Way Out Here" is a great song (John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere)...one of the best on country radio today. I bought that album on iTunes and it is very good..."Blame it on Waylon" and "I won't go Crazy" are two I highly reccomend.

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i hate to say it but i cant stand 80% of todays new country. Specially taylor swift, i swear i wanna jsut shoot the radio when she comes on. Nothing against those who do like her. Dont ge tme wrong, i like those songs posted above and a couple others but its all too "pop" if you ask me. I like the early 90s and older stuff waaaay more. It has the good old twang to it.

SteepyBS

DF transplant
May 6, 2010
Lake Forest Park, Washington
awesome tunes, hadnt heard of Josh Thompson before but im downloading him now lol

and im going to guess the craig morgan song is brand new cause its not on an album yet

EDIT: scratch that the craig morgan song is 2 years old :D

Last edited:

MrUPS

Mar 18, 2009
Northwest Pa
You just can't go wrong with a song that makes you stop what you're doing and think about whats really important to you. Great songs.