Couple new additions to my LBZ

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
I haven't done anything with this. I had to take a job out of state and then came back home to start another job as a shop foreman that takes up most of my time. I will get back to work on this when I get some free time. Thanks for all the compliments!

Well that is just totally unacceptable!!:D

Priorities man....priorities!!:hug:

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Funny how this thread revived. James and I have been talking about this lately and I came across a set of airbags that will fit our setup.

Ben, are you running the 1T19L-11 bag or smaller?

dirtkid1

Apr 9, 2011
When ever you get back on it diesel Mafia pm me some info I want this!!!!! That 3 link is Amazing.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Yeah I'm back on it. Building a whole new setup for my 07. Just waiting on Ballistic to get my joints in the mail. The 3 link is working awesome but I'm wanting to try something new. I'm still using Firestone bags just not as big since this truck will be half notched and very low. I'm not gonna do a full notch because I don't want to cut up a cherry short bed. Pics to come

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Any news?

Corey
Yes I'm working on a new kit.
When ever you get back on it diesel Mafia pm me some info I want this!!!!! That 3 link is Amazing.
I'm not Diesel Mafia I'm D-MAX Mafia. I can give you details on my initial build.
Funny how this thread revived. James and I have been talking about this lately and I came across a set of airbags that will fit our setup.

Ben, are you running the 1T19L-11 bag or smaller?
No, I'm not using that bag. There are about 30 different bags that can be used depending on mounting style and inches of lift or drop. I spent a lot of time to figure out which bag worked best for me. Download the Firestone pdf and go from there.
I'd love to see how the bags work too!... Want to do something like this on my truck.
It's worth it. The bags ride 100x better than leaf springs!
Well that is just totally unacceptable!!:D

Priorities man....priorities!!:hug:
Sorry my man!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
No, I'm not using that bag. There are about 30 different bags that can be used depending on mounting style and inches of lift or drop. I spent a lot of time to figure out which bag worked best for me. Download the Firestone pdf and go from there.

It's worth it. The bags ride 100x better than leaf springs!

Sorry my man!

I found the right bag to use. James has the part number, its probably smaller than yours but has 13.5" of travel. The only thing I need us how to set the links up. Is your links articulate enough for off-road, like flexing over big rocks in the trails but still function like a desert prerunner?

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I found the right bag to use. James has the part number, its probably smaller than yours but has 13.5" of travel. The only thing I need us how to set the links up. Is your links articulate enough for off-road, like flexing over big rocks in the trails but still function like a desert prerunner?
I have no issues with articulation. I recently added Ballistic Fab forged joints on the top of my mini truss and at the mounts off the frame of the lower links tonight. My links had Ballistic forged bushings on both ends and the lower links kept breaking the jam nuts loose on the ends at the axle.

Took it through the desert tonight after installing the last 2 Ballistic joints. It flexes like crazy. My little girl and I went on a couple trails meant for a much smaller vehicle than my CCSB but I had no issues and never put it in 4x. We even got the front end off the ground a couple times.

The new shocks I put up front seem to be a bit short. They are bottoming out before the upper arm hits the bump stop. I think they are meant to be used with the ProComp shock extenders so I will be getting a set until I install coilovers in the front. Also added new longer CV's in the front and ditched the spacers.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
I have no issues with articulation. I recently added Ballistic Fab forged joints on the top of my mini truss and at the mounts off the frame of the lower links tonight. My links had Ballistic forged bushings on both ends and the lower links kept breaking the jam nuts loose on the ends at the axle.

Took it through the desert tonight after installing the last 2 Ballistic joints. It flexes like crazy. My little girl and I went on a couple trails meant for a much smaller vehicle than my CCSB but I had no issues and never put it in 4x. We even got the front end off the ground a couple times.

The new shocks I put up front seem to be a bit short. They are bottoming out before the upper arm hits the bump stop. I think they are meant to be used with the ProComp shock extenders so I will be getting a set until I install coilovers in the front. Also added new longer CV's in the front and ditched the spacers.

That's awesome to know. Exactly the setup I'm looking for. I have the bag number if you're interested to see what the specs are, might be more travel than yours and has an internal bumper stop. I'm hoping to get mine bagged in the rear in the summer before labor day.