Couple new additions to my LBZ

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
That air ride setup is pretty slick, Ben.
I was just reading an old thread over at DP about something like that. The guy there never went thru with it even though there is a market for it, so you might be on to a lucrative product.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Hey Ben glad to see you finish that bed looks really good, love that bumper...great job on the suspension top notch fab & design!!! Good luck puttin a package together!!
Thanks dude!
This is what I have been wanting to do also. When in OK are you going. If you are driving it is like to see it. :hug:
I'm going just North of Tulsa. I'll be in the Grove, Jay, Fairland area. I'm leaving tomorrow morning brought and early.
That air ride setup is pretty slick, Ben.
I was just reading an old thread over at DP about something like that. The guy there never went thru with it even though there is a market for it, so you might be on to a lucrative product.
Thanks man, I've been wanting to do this for a few years. I also wondered why it hasn't been done... we'll see if the market supports it.

PatrickF

War Eagle
Apr 7, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Couple of questions for you:

1) If I wanted stock height, would I be able to use shorter bags to accomplish that?
2) Any chance I could come check out the ride quality as I'm also in Phoenix? I feel my truck rides unnecessarily rough, but I have nothing to compare it to as it's my only vehicle. Beer is one me. :thumb:

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
That bed is dope! Air ride set up looks good :thumb:

James let me know what you two come up with for your rear suspension.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
c83758f4f7eccbb8d7b3f32f21848b1e.jpg
Sunday night in Texas on the way to Oklahoma.

Truck rode awesome the whole way and was completely rigged out. Truck weighed close to 9,500 lbs and I averaged 15 mpg @ 85 mph (hand calculated).

Going to see my laser guy tomorrow and get everything drawn up. All the parts/pieces will be cut and bent to my specs. I think I'll have them machine all my tube adapters also.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
I have the exact truck and I have been wanting to do my bed forever. I don't have the fab skills that you have but boy it looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I should have all the parts to start building the trusses and link mounts by next week. I changed some stuff around after getting back to Phoenix from my trip to Oklahoma. That's it for now.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I haven't done anything with this. I had to take a job out of state and then came back home to start another job as a shop foreman that takes up most of my time. I will get back to work on this when I get some free time. Thanks for all the compliments!