Coolant Leak

dansduramax

Mar 15, 2016
I just joined up on here. read a few threads about couple people having the same problem by the sounds of it. leaking from somewhere on the driver side can't see too much. how much work am I looking into for fixing this… Thanks

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Wow. First post, no signature, and a leak on the driver side.... Coolant I guess. Duramax I'm assuming.

And the question is how much work to fix it.....

Where is my dam "easy button"????

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Wow. First post, no signature, and a leak on the driver side.... Coolant I guess. Duramax I'm assuming.

And the question is how much work to fix it.....

Where is my dam "easy button"????

Cmon Iowa, you're being too hard on the guy. Didnt you know? We solve everyone's Duramax problems. Thats why DD rates so high on Google. :rolleyes:

Anyway, to the new guy.....coolant on driver's side front is probably the water pump. Better get under the truck with a flashlight and look You should see coolant coming from the small weep hole on the pump housing if the pump is going bad.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Cmon Iowa, you're being too hard on the guy. Didnt you know? We solve everyone's Duramax problems. Thats why DD rates so high on Google. :rolleyes:

Anyway, to the new guy.....coolant on driver's side front is probably the water pump. Better get under the truck with a flashlight and look You should see coolant coming from the small weep hole on the pump housing if the pump is going bad.
Yup and it's the rear it's probably the oil cooler. But there's lots of other places it can leak.
Nice way to welcome the new folks... Usually people from Iowa are a little nicer, you must be a transplant from the east coast.
It gets old fast when that's most new guys posts. I have a problem. How do I fix it. And give no other information. We're not psychic.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bfever74

Feb 12, 2016
Quad Cities, IL
So ignore the post, no need to put a d-bag comment if the OP didn't meet your standards. This is a place to learn, not get ridiculed for not using proper forum etiquette. I know I shouldn't be ranting, but it gets old when the seasoned forum guys get all high and mighty. This guy may say F it and write this forum off. And that doesn't benefit anyone. I learn a lot from this forum and others. I just don't know why people can't just ignore the "dumb" posts. When the OP sees no responses, he'll figure it out.

This is all just my opinion. I don't want to derail this post, so I'm gonna quit on this one

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
=
Part 97 in the second picture is most common and the waterpump weep hole part number 2 in the same picture. No signature, but you did post in the "LBZ" section..

http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=370214

http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.c...sembly=370223&ukey_make=1026&ukey_model=14594

=
=
=
101104TH00-070.JPG

=
=
060221TX00-113.JPG

=
=

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Some of you guys have no sense of humor. The "easy button" thing was supposed to come off as funny.

Guessing at his leak doesn't help him one bit. I was being as helpful as anyone here by pointing out the complete lack of information given to us. As someone else said, we are not psychic.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I would have. But I was on my phone. The tapatalk smilies are stupid. Maybe I should have put lots of Lol's or something.....

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
I would have. But I was on my phone. The tapatalk smilies are stupid. Maybe I should have put lots of Lol's or something.....

Maybe people just need to chill out and stop trying to be the internet police :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Is that too many rofling's?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT

uploadfromtaptalk1458141132143.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1458141132143.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1458141132143.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 23

TheMaccabeus

THE FNG
Mar 2, 2016
I'd look into your water pump. If you climb under the front driver's side of the truck, you should be able to see it on the extreme front/bottom/driver/s side of the engine. There's a small weep hole that will (at times very slowly) drip coolant out if the pump is going bad. Had this problem a while back. If you do suspect water pump, it'll probably run you upwards of 1k to get it replaced on an lly (I called to see what it would cost after I fixed it, they said 1200$)..... IF YOU HAVE THE TOOLS AND THE KNOW HOW, it's not that tough. Hardest part is getting the harmonic ballancer bolt off of the crank to get the last bolt off. It's torqued to like 250 ft lb and has lock tight on it. We used a 3/4" drive breaker bar with a 3' pipe on it to break it loose... after we broke 2 1/2" drive ratchets lol

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
People want the easy way out instead of doing RESEARCH. Then dont spend time on making the thread. This is what america is turning into. Kinda hard to help with 0 info.