Convertor warranty

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
MikeL, I had mentioned to you when we talked that my convertor sounds like something was "loose" inside. Or Rattleing. I think that was what was making noise on startup agian.
Well, I see they are supposed to be warranted 3 years or 150K miles. I have neither of those on it. Do you think it would be worth trying to push it being warrantied? I guess I wont know till they go through it, but whats to stop them from saying "Its just fine" and sending it back?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
MikeL, I had mentioned to you when we talked that my convertor sounds like something was "loose" inside. Or Rattleing. I think that was what was making noise on startup agian.
Well, I see they are supposed to be warranted 3 years or 150K miles. I have neither of those on it. Do you think it would be worth trying to push it being warrantied? I guess I wont know till they go through it, but whats to stop them from saying "Its just fine" and sending it back?

They can only convert it to a 5 star; they no longer build the 3 clutch so I'm thinking it will cost you 500.00 plus. Call them and find out.

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
I called yesterday (the 21st). They told me that when it is cut open they will be albe to tell if it is a warranty issue or not and will let me know. That didnt bother me too bad but then I asked if the convertor and co-pilot had shown up yet or not and they told me no. I checked my UPS tracking after that and it shows that it was delivered and signed for on the 18th. :rolleyes:

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
That's the difference between MikeL and ATS.

Both good stuff, IMHO. But when you send it to Mike he's the guy who signs for it.

At ATS (no fault they are big), it comes in the back door and the guy at the front door doesn't know it. It's there somewhere.

Good luck.

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
It doesnt sound good to me. I even talked to the guy in shipping who said he goes through every bit of paper in the boxes but he didnt see it. I wrapped it 3x around in bubble wrap so the convertor wouldnt kill it and stuck it in the corner of the box. Hell, it even showed up in the same box I sent it in b/c it had some merchant auto stickers on it (I bought a bunch of filters from him a while back) yet there. Good thing I got shipping insurance but I dont know how that works for sure?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
On the bright side, at least the co-pilot is lost and not the whole box. :D

If you used UPS you will have to file a claim. They will then have to pick up the box you shipped it in from UPS. It's a pita but you should get your money back might just take awhile. They have paid every time we had a problem.

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Co-pilot is nowhere to be found. They claim I didnt put it in the box :rolleyes: Then, they didnt want to send the upgrade b/c they dont have a core. I asked what the hell the core charge was for then?
Lets see what UPS can do for me.....

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
I would not be doing justice to ATS if I did not post my results here.
After I had to go through my files and find my origional invoice where they sold me and installed the co-pilot Brian decided to send me a new box at the cost of an upgrade today (one month later). They still cannot find my co-pilot and he had no clue what UPS had determined. I have said some not so kind things about ATS in the past, but I commend them for doing the right thing here.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Ya that is good to hear Jason. It sounds like the logical honest thing for a company to do.

DSALMAX

The 1 and LONELY
Oct 13, 2010
Albuquerque NM
that's what its all about.....I talkes to mike about the different trannies U have had thru the years........BtS in my ford....never an issue......Goerend in my Dodge which the new owner ended up breaking, and goerend took care of it at no charge.......he did have to pay pay freight to goerend. Mike said they both have great customer service and that's how it should be.