Converting Fifth wheel to gooseneck?

durafrickenmax

You drive a what?!
Jul 30, 2009
Bridgeport,WV
Just bought a 32' Camper and could not stand the idea of having the rails in bed for a 5er. Bought a GN adapter with 8" offset. Was $900 total with B&W turnover ball. So glad I spent the money now before I bolted those rails in my bed. It clears my weatherguard across the rail toolbox also. Had to extend the GN adapter so the hitch pin will clear bed rails on tight turn. Had it on a couple trips so far and I am pleased. I am thinking about lifting he trailer a couple inches for a more level stance.

ndxt

Mar 23, 2012
Just bought a 32' Camper and could not stand the idea of having the rails in bed for a 5er. Bought a GN adapter with 8" offset. Was $900 total with B&W turnover ball. So glad I spent the money now before I bolted those rails in my bed. It clears my weatherguard across the rail toolbox also. Had to extend the GN adapter so the hitch pin will clear bed rails on tight turn. Had it on a couple trips so far and I am pleased. I am thinking about lifting he trailer a couple inches for a more level stance.

This its the exact reason the op asked about the companion, i use the companion on my 34' camper and wouldn't dream of putting a gooseneck hitch on it. I have two goosenecks for work and the fifth wheel definitely is s better hitch option, at least the companion is, I've never used the others. With the b&w, 5min and i have a flat bed again, or a goose neck ball, get the companion, imo

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2