Constant brake caliper/cradle rattle?

blowinsmoke

obsessed not addicted
Nov 24, 2009
Anyone had trouble with their brake calipers or cradles making a constant rattling noise? i know it the brakes because if your driving say 30mph with window down everytime you hit the slightest bump they ratlle. If you just barely touch the brake pedl the noise disappears until you let foot off the brake and then it is back again. I have replaced brakes, rotors and mounting bolts and it is still there and it is driving me crazy. I have a nice truck but it sounds like a rattle trap goin down the road. Help please!!!

SBLC

Here to Learn
Jun 12, 2008
Utah
Recheck your brake calipers bolts.
Today, I test drove a 06 lly that rattled when hitting bumps while driving(even the bumps from concrete joints on the road). Under further inspection I found that the brake caliper was loose which made the rattling noise. I tightened the two caliper bolts and the rattle was gone. Just a thought

heymccall

Aug 24, 2009
Remove the slide bolts and lube them with the proper grease after flushing the crap grease or anti-sieze out. In extreme binding cases, the inner sleeves will need replaced. (they look like short pieces of vacuum hose.)
http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/...opid=100001&pageid=12&TID=101DF&redir=k121067

I have the pads so loose they fall out when the caliper is removed and NO rattles. When you pull out the slide bolts, set the caliper aside and slide them in and out. They should move FREELY.