Congrats Rob!

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
I was standing about even with the tree so I got some great pics of him launching. It was intense to say the least.

Contests again to Rob and the whole ATP crew.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Thank you everyone. Truck weighed 6006lb by the NHRDA officals.

I’d like to thank Guy at SoCal for a great engine and build. The engine spools very easy on the line without spraying N2O like I used to. I’m running bigger turbine housings even so the cam seems to be a great mix of low end spooling and big end HP. The internal balancing is amazing on how smooth the engine idles and takes high RPM passes.

I’m very pleased to have this engine program in the truck and never imagined a 6000 pound rig could go 148mph. The engine sounds great and I plan on running the NHRA event in Boise in a few weeks.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Great job Rob, would have been fun if we'd had a little more faith and launched it hard on a higher tune. I agree, winning is way more important than setting records. Would have loved to see you to set the SS record down around 9.5/6 to give the boys something to think about and work toward next year.:D There are some great SS trucks out there, Brian Spooner's is going to be a beast, he needs to get a licence and not nap so much at the light however.:thumb:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
What was Robs 1/8 ET and MPH?

I'm not sure paint I'll see if I can get those numbers and post them. The intercoolor pipe was pulling the boot off going into the intercooler because the pipe was solid coming out of the top trubo. The guys cut the pipe in two were it came out of the top turbo and shorten it a bit and installed another boot to help deal with the torque flex on the frame that was causing it boot to pop off. Dale Smith welded a bead on both ends of the pipe and the guys double clamped and wired the hell out of it. Rob was afraid to launch it very hard for fear it would blow again. When Spooner couldn't make the finals, Rob decided to launch it easy then turn it up to the big tune after I believe he said once it shifted to third gear. The 148.3 mph is way faster than that truck has ever gone before, and as you could hear it was spinning pretty bad off the line as well. Time for new tires those have been on there for 3 seasons.

I missed that pass as I was getting ready for the finals in Super Diesel in White Out. Fun event even with all the problems, great truck turn out. About every quick truck in the country was there at least the ones that were running.