Confused on Cruise Control issue

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Did a deep pan today, so figured what the hell switch out the NSBU......

No change. Was doing alot of maintenance, finally put on my AFE bladerunner, oil change, fuel filter change......deep pan with the goodies, and a brake controller...

ran out of time to check the ecm ports.

I was going to do an EGR blocker as well, until I found that it already had one. So I was wondering, if it was possible that it was tuned before.....and if it was....is it possible that a different OS was loaded that didn't have Cruise??

John, have you checked to see if the actual switch stalk is in good working order? The wires are very thin and can chaff inside the steering wheel assembly....

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
No, all OS's have cruise (PTO) setup, regardless of whether or not the truck had "cruise" fromt he facotry

Thanks Ben, thats what I was thinking but wasn't positive.

John, have you checked to see if the actual switch stalk is in good working order? The wires are very thin and can chaff inside the steering wheel assembly....

Not yet. Going to test for voltage/activation at the ECM first and then go from there. The switch is new, would think if it was grounding itself out the fuse would be popping.

I'll ty and dig further into the rabbit hole this weekend.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
well haven't touch this in a while....went to get in the truck today.

And noticed something odd...The E brake was all the way to the floor. No light on dash showing it was on, nor was the brake activating. Didn't have time to follow the line to see if it was just disconnected/broke or what.

Anyone know if the sensor was diconnected if that would cause cruise not to work?

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Finally got access to a tech 2, all switches are working...... except the set one.

Brake lever is reading unapplied.

Guess I get to start looking at the wires and find the broken one.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2