Concept 2014 Silverado

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Well, they should be easily modded but again... its a truck, that can't function as a truck, so what the hell is the point?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Well, they should be easily modded but again... its a truck, that can't function as a truck, so what the hell is the point?

I drive a Duramax that never carried anything more than a golf bag. I just like driving it.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
I drive a Duramax that never carried anything more than a golf bag. I just like driving it.

I guess, my point was that if you were buying a vehicle to be fast or race it, why would you start with such a heavy chassis...?

My friend races/dailys his bolt on TBSS, but that still hauls his race car around, this "truck" won't even have a hitch it said.

IDK.

not quick

Jay
Nov 3, 2013
Middletown, Ohio
I guess, my point was that if you were buying a vehicle to be fast or race it, why would you start with such a heavy chassis...?

My friend races/dailys his bolt on TBSS, but that still hauls his race car around, this "truck" won't even have a hitch it said.

IDK.

You don't need a hitch to haul ass.

Throw a cam in that thing with the normal bolt on's and it will go low 12's easy.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home

IDK.

What's the weight on a reg cab shortbed???

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Im all about diesels, but sadly it wouldnt take much to make it quicker then 98% of the trucks on this site. And 1/4 the money to do so. I think it would be a sweet ride forsure. Id buy a vette first but the potential is there for low 9s easy.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Im all about diesels, but sadly it wouldnt take much to make it quicker then 98% of the trucks on this site. And 1/4 the money to do so. I think it would be a sweet ride forsure. Id buy a vette first but the potential is there for low 9s easy.

I agree. Diesel performance stuff is pretty expensive, but I think the dumpster is proof that you can be quick with minimal expense. I have more in the transmission than anything else, and it is the same transmission that most late model GM performance guys are going to be running so it's pretty much a wash. I doubt you could get a gasser pickup running low 11s for anywhere near what I have into the dumpster. That said, I wouldn't want to drive it around on the street (plus it isn't legal), but I'd sure like to drive that truck or any other single cab short wheelbase GM LS based V8 truck. I'd like to find one cheap and throw a cam, heads, and a turbo at it just to see what it would do.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I agree. Diesel performance stuff is pretty expensive, but I think the dumpster is proof that you can be quick with minimal expense. I have more in the transmission than anything else, and it is the same transmission that most late model GM performance guys are going to be running so it's pretty much a wash. I doubt you could get a gasser pickup running low 11s for anywhere near what I have into the dumpster. That said, I wouldn't want to drive it around on the street (plus it isn't legal), but I'd sure like to drive that truck or any other single cab short wheelbase GM LS based V8 truck. I'd like to find one cheap and throw a cam, heads, and a turbo at it just to see what it would do.

Id venture to say it would almost still be cheaper, and prolly faster. I could be wrong, because i do not know your dumpsters money numbers. And id say you have done something unreal with it, its fun to watch, but i agrue gas vs diesel with george(ltr450ryder) all the time, and yet he shows me a 1/2 truck running 10s or better all the time with a dam turbo, cam and heads. Its retarded.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Id venture to say it would almost still be cheaper, and prolly faster. I could be wrong, because i do not know your dumpsters money numbers. And id say you have done something unreal with it, its fun to watch, but i agrue gas vs diesel with george(ltr450ryder) all the time, and yet he shows me a 1/2 truck running 10s or better all the time with a dam turbo, cam and heads. Its retarded.

Tune, lift pump, nitrous, built transmission, and weight reduction is all I did to run the 11.37 ET. All total including the price of the van, I'm at less than $10k.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Not bad not bad. Yeah so basically a person could buy a 2000-2003 rcsb, either a 5.3 or 6.0. Run a cam heads, stall, and either a cheap turbo kit or spray and beat that et and total cost.

A good friend of mine who posted this thread had a similar set up gasser, all motor no spray or turbos yet and would have ran that et for alittle less. I think he had around 8500-9k in his,

Hell hp mag couple yrs ago took a scrap yard 4.8 which they thought was a 5.3 and bolted on an ebay turbo kit and made 1100hp and over 100 1/4 mile passes in 10s or faster i believe for less then 6k. Id have to find the article to get full specs and facts again.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Dont get me wrong, the dmaxs are great trucks and can really get down, but takes lots of money to make it happen and last. Same for any diesel.

Just sayin the concept truck has its potential and the ls based motors are wicked.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Not bad not bad. Yeah so basically a person could buy a 2000-2003 rcsb, either a 5.3 or 6.0. Run a cam heads, stall, and either a cheap turbo kit or spray and beat that et and total cost.

A good friend of mine who posted this thread had a similar set up gasser, all motor no spray or turbos yet and would have ran that et for alittle less. I think he had around 8500-9k in his,

Hell hp mag couple yrs ago took a scrap yard 4.8 which they thought was a 5.3 and bolted on an ebay turbo kit and made 1100hp and over 100 1/4 mile passes in 10s or faster i believe for less then 6k. Id have to find the article to get full specs and facts again.

Reg cab short bed 4x4 in my sig, not tuned correctly IMO, ls6 parts from eBay I have 3500 in performance parts. Assuming the clutch would hold I'm think low 12 for sure, issue is the throw on is about 2 feet and gets hard to power shift in upper gears. Would only need 2 shift though. 3rd should carry it brought the lights.

Too cold now to find out and I'm thinkin it's going back to stock for farm duty