Compound install...

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Lets see some pics so we know what your working with.

I got pissed and removed all of the crap that had to deal with the kit. My truck is my only set of wheels. If I get some time tomorrow... I'll get it back to where it was before and get some pics. The turbo needs to be moved 3-6 inches towards the front of the engine. And everything modified accordingly to work properly.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
The dudes pm box is full and he hasn't been on here... fancy that. Going to call him tomorrow, probably won't answer.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Got some pics. Re installed the mount. Set the turbo on it. Then set the top portion of the down pipe on the turbo. In the pics you can see how the turbo hits the a/c line off the condenser. There is no wiggle room for the down pipe between the v/c, condenser and my tower. The turbo wasn't even bolted down. It will need to be shifted towards the firewall about 1/2" to be bolted.

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x127/mackthehack/turbo/

This crap might work. I would have to fab a different down pipe out of 3" pipe, cut some material from my tower and get a different a/c line. I don't want to restrict the exhaust the much with 3". I do not want to cut up my tower.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
that metal hose off the condensor thats hitting the flange on the turbine housing can be bent out of the way, i have bent mine several ways. Just have to bend it slow and in a manner that will not kink it. As for the downpipe issue, call Levi at turbo performance and have him make you a thick blanket for the downpipe. My downpipe out of this s472 is crammed up against my firewall/insulation, but i have one of levi's blanket between the two. I can run my truck WOT then pop the hood and touch the downpipe blanket and its barely warm.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
that metal hose off the condensor thats hitting the flange on the turbine housing can be bent out of the way, i have bent mine several ways. Just have to bend it slow and in a manner that will not kink it. As for the downpipe issue, call Levi at turbo performance and have him make you a thick blanket for the downpipe. My downpipe out of this s472 is crammed up against my firewall/insulation, but i have one of levi's blanket between the two. I can run my truck WOT then pop the hood and touch the downpipe blanket and its barely warm.

I could do all of this and have thought about it. But the d/p is still going to hit my tower. As you can see the pics of it sitting on top of the tower. Everything is a tight fit, there is still no room for engine movement. I might try and beat the shit out of the d/p where it needs it. But, I want to have atleast an inch of clearance for everything to allow for engine movement.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
i know for a fact i could make that shit fit in there. It just takes some afro engineering and a big ass hammer :rofl:

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
i know for a fact i could make that shit fit in there. It just takes some afro engineering and a big ass hammer :rofl:

Haha, just don't like afro engineered shit. I'll take a look and see what I can do so it's not afro'd out to make it work. I went with this setup so I wouldn't have to do this crap...

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
How does the rest of it line up when every thing is tight? You might just have to build a new down pipe?

Didn't make it that far. Just decided to set the turbo on the mount and wiggle the d/p in there to snap the pics. I'm going to have to install some modified dents on the hot pipe for clearance of the cowl. The d/p will be super modded with dents or build a new one. Will have to bend the a/c line. Everything will have to accomodate for engine movement. Things will be BFH'd!

mb1

Nov 15, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I used a couple well placed dents on the DP in my II kit. Had to bend the AC line as well. tweaked the turbo mount to fit better too. I don't go in any show and shines or anything. I imagine some guys luck out, and some kits are designed better than others, but when you are adding a custom setup ( Compounds ) to a custom setup ( SAS ) I think you're going to have a better chance of winning the lottery than just bolting everything up nice and easy. JMO.

Good luck. I barely had the uppies off after the first day haha.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
I used a couple well placed dents on the DP in my II kit. Had to bend the AC line as well. tweaked the turbo mount to fit better too. I don't go in any show and shines or anything. I imagine some guys luck out, and some kits are designed better than others, but when you are adding a custom setup ( Compounds ) to a custom setup ( SAS ) I think you're going to have a better chance of winning the lottery than just bolting everything up nice and easy. JMO.

Good luck. I barely had the uppies off after the first day haha.

Thanks man. Going to order tubing for the d/p, and hot pipe. Then make this crap fit the way it should.