Compound install...

kenny

kennydiesel
Mar 5, 2009
washington state
I would just fab your own tubes instead of fighting with those ones. Even if you get it all in there, with such tight clearances a little engine torque will make alot of stuff rub on each other.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
I would just fab your own tubes instead of fighting with those ones. Even if you get it all in there, with such tight clearances a little engine torque will make alot of stuff rub on each other.

Thought about making my own. I need to get myself another welder. I sold mine a while ago.

Yeah, everything would rub horribly even if it did all fit.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Man sorry to hear, that sucks.

I've been in those situations WAY to many times. :mad::mad:

Would you be able to reuse some of the tubing or have to start from scratch? Do you know any body with a welder they could bring over?

Good luck.

Yellowchevy

llybyppe

May 11, 2009
Brother. If you need a welder I am not to far from you. I have a ton of crap at your disposal if you need a hand

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
Not getting rid of the 475 quite yet. I actually bought it from F.I. separate from the kit. If I need anything I'll let you know. Actually do you have an extra engine oil fill tube?

I have one from a LMM and I think I have one from a LLY. Not sure if they are different. I'm out of town for a bit so I can't compare them. PM me your address and I will send you one if you can use it.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
I think i know whos kit this was anyway, id re fab it and move it away from the engine or just do a danville 72mm billet :thumb:

If I don't hear anything back from the builder. I'll re work it to fit my needs.

Thought about running a danville years ago. But, I want to move on to a fixed turbo. My plans are as of now. Run the stock turdbo until my 472 gets rebuilt. Run the 472 for a little bit. And pick up a 364 to twin over and modify this kit to fit my needs and my truck.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Are you running the same SAS towers as the twin builder?

They are similar. He designed his after the style I have. His are positioned slightly different. He reassured me it will be a little tight but will work. Unfortunately it's not a little tight... It's freakin too tight.