Coming soon! DSP2 Package.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
For $4/HP, you can get EFILive Commercial, a DSP2 tune written for your truck with a Tow setting and Race setting (unlocked).

It will be $999 and includes the DSP2 switch and the 2 license EFILive Commercial.

Release is pending dyno testing on the LB7, which should be next week. LLY is available now.

8shot

lly fan
Aug 26, 2006
Big Bear Lake ,Ca
Mcrat, i would be very interested in 2 switchable tunes. Towing 25k - 26k to Big Bear. How are the egts with the tow tune? How hot is the race tune ? Ally has stock clutches, tansgo and tts t/c.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Mcrat, i would be very interested in 2 switchable tunes. Towing 25k - 26k to Big Bear. How are the egts with the tow tune? How hot is the race tune ? Ally has stock clutches, tansgo and tts t/c.

You would be the first to test other than Blue, which has a busted EGT gauge.

We can always adjust fuel up and down to control EGT's via email.

Pat

turbo-max

WaaaZaaaa
Aug 9, 2006
Tampa, FloriDUH
i tow with the 105 race tune,and pull on average about 14k~16k trailer & load with no problems,and get about 12.xx mpg going 70+ mph and smoking out anyone around on the take-offs :)

8shot

lly fan
Aug 26, 2006
Big Bear Lake ,Ca
Think i am going to take care of cooling prob first. Will start saving $$$ for EFI. Unless you need a tester soon. I know this guy that tows real heavy up a big mountain and his egt guage works.:D

LTChip

Aug 30, 2006
Am I missing something here? What advantage does this have over getting the EFI Live Commercial/Race Tune package? Can't you get a tow tune from the repository or from DP or make your own and up load it plus the free race tune and have the same thing for $150 less?

Ben46a

Wannabe puller
Sep 4, 2006
Waverley, NS, Canada
But it makes it more convienient. Instead of draggin your laptop everywhere and loading your tow tune or race tune you flick the switch between the two tunes already in your ECM.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
i drove this weekend about 600miles through lots of hill 28'holiday trailer
quad in the box and 100 gallons of extra diesel got fuel milege was pretty good and egts stuck around 1000 - 1300 i was using the mc 105 and the kat race 2 i liked the kat race 2 better little less fuel and cool temps
i would not use this on a stock tranny

LTChip

Aug 30, 2006
Again - I don't get the value of this package when you can set this up yourself.

What is the Kat Race 2?

LTChip

Aug 30, 2006
Talked to Pat and he explained that there is more to creating a DSP2 tune package than meets the eye. Understand the value in this now.

mybowtie

Duramax named Cheyanne!!
Jun 7, 2011
winnemucca
fuel milege!!!

Why is it my fuel milege keeps dropping? I take her out on the freeway and she climbs to around 18.5 depending on how far I go and when I get back to town after about 4 days to a week 10.5 and dropping. There aint no happy medium she just keeps dropping! I thought they were good on fuel??????!!:(:mad:

1953drtelco

Feb 24, 2010
Riverside, CA
A bump from the past for sure, when I first saw the link I thought great...It looks like I will be able to get my LLY tuned locally (McRat Racing), but after seeing the 06 date I realized that was not going to happen. Are there any local EFI tuners in the SoCal area? I know about SoCal diesel, but never got call-backs when messages left.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
For now, I'm only tuning my own trucks. I may return to commercial tuning in the future.

My goal with the whole EFILive tuning thingy was to promote EFILive to Dmax hotrodders to help them succeed, hence be able to provide us with even more cool tools for our trucks.

Seemed to have worked.

As far as local tuners go, there are lots of guys in Southern California who can build a great tune. Most of them don't advertise, so here's a bump so maybe one will read the thread and PM you.

1953drtelco

Feb 24, 2010
Riverside, CA
For now, I'm only tuning my own trucks. I may return to commercial tuning in the future.

My goal with the whole EFILive tuning thingy was to promote EFILive to Dmax hotrodders to help them succeed, hence be able to provide us with even more cool tools for our trucks.

Seemed to have worked.

As far as local tuners go, there are lots of guys in Southern California who can build a great tune. Most of them don't advertise, so here's a bump so maybe one will read the thread and PM you.

I thought that was the case, but after talking with Mike L a few weeks ago (Getting Trans cooler installed) and seeing your race truck I thought I would throw it out there....Thanks for the heads up....