LMM: Code questions

Hd1

Aug 23, 2017
I have a 2008 Duramax I was driving Monday stuck in traffic and got a code that said change exhaust filter. I'm new to diesel trucks and I don't have a owners manual for my truck. Does anyone know what the exhaust filter is? Or where it is located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
I have a 2008 Duramax I was driving Monday stuck in traffic and got a code that said change exhaust filter. I'm new to diesel trucks and I don't have a owners manual for my truck. Does anyone know what the exhaust filter is? Or where it is located?

No pun intended but it's on the exhaust IMG_1914.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1914.JPG
    IMG_1914.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 23

Hd1

Aug 23, 2017
I'm not sure what regen is. This is my first diesel and I don't know anything about it at all

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Don't be discouraged or freaked out. It's an easy system to understand.

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
You need to drive it on the highway, make a road trip this weekend or something that keeps that truck at a high speed for a long period of time.

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
Far as I know it starts doing the Regen thing reduced power clean exhaust see owners manual it's a down hill slope eventually that filters going to plug. At least that's what happened to me and 4 of my friends and it was oddly right around 130k miles on all of us. But ya just rip her around town or highway till engine light goes away.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk