Christmas came a bit late this year

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Guy built us a new powerplant for the max-amino with some new goodies this year. Really looking forward to playing with it and the parallel GTX's.

I'm amazed with the abuse the SoCal engine lived through in Max'd out last year. We ran it way harder and for many more passes at high HP levels running multiple classes and winning the 2012 national points championship at 6000 lbs than any powerplant in the past.

With the success of the 2012 season, I feel this will be a strong contender at almost half the weight even though the car chassis is not a state of the art piece. With a great powerplant and drivetrain, I'm looking to wear the competition down going rounds and making events.

Permanently mounted up and now building the turbo system.

Attachments

• socal engine.jpg
    socal engine.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 207

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Running a Calvins Automotive 48re with trans brake for this season and a Ford 9" with 40 spine axles and 2.91 gears and a spool all put together By Yukon Gear and Axle.

Next season the trans will most likely be a totally different unit, Brad is working on some things.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
What is the target ET?

Nick, I'll be happy for it to run 15 second passes the first few days out. Hopefully get it into the high 8's by mid/late season. Really not the full blown race trucks like Darren's and Guy's so I know it will not be the fastest. I'll have it street legal so I can pay off the track also.

There are two open test days locally before Texas, so hopefully I'll not embarass myself too badly for that event.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Nick, I'll be happy for it to run 15 second passes the first few days out. Hopefully get it into the high 8's by mid/late season. Really not the full blown race trucks like Darren's and Guy's so I know it will not be the fastest. I'll have it street legal so I can pay off the track also.

There are two open test days locally before Texas, so hopefully I'll not embarass myself too badly for that event.

Sounds great Rob, I'm sure you aren't going to have any issues reaching your goals :D. Are you gonna run a full slick or a cheater slick/DR?

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Y'all should put turbo inlet horns where the headlights are.:D

Good Idea! LOL

The turbos are positioned and mounted up. We'll create some nice intake tubes once everything is done and also have a filter system for the street.

Right now the car has 32" x 14" cheater slicks on it so I'll try those. May be too tall with the 2.91 gears though. With overdrive and that gear/tire combo, it should be good for 200mph without too much rpm. Way more than I'll ever go, but I wanted the flexability of different trannys, tires, converters in the future.

Attachments

• garrett 1.jpg
    garrett 1.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 73